cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kitkat

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kitkat

Samsung announced the other day that they are pushing out Kitkat to a broad range of devices including the Tab 3.  How long will it be until the Sprint version receives the update?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

kingbird50

Thank you for reaching out to us. We did not receive any information on that as yet. You can stay tuned into the new release information by accessing this link. http://newsroom.sprint.com/.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you really want kit kat, when kit kat removes the "move to sd card" feature from your device? And its not a switch like in Jellybean where you could root your device and turn the feature on. Move to sd card is not in kit kat, from what i understand. So, i dont think kit kat is what i want unless, the device comes with 32GB of storage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kit Kat doesn't remove the move to SDcard option. I've already gotten kit Kat update on my S4 And have many apps on the 64GB SDcard. After the initial flap with ICS removing that I think Samsung learned the lesson people absolutely want to move apps to SDcard.

And yes I want KitKat on my Galaxy Tab 3. I love so many features of Kit Kat especially that it uses significant less memory.

Highlighted
Master

MizzPamela,

Thank you for the post. We appreciate the feedback that you have shared. We hope all stays well for you. Have a great day!

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

Already has. Started today or yesterday and will move out in waves til the 24th was confirmed by a tech today when she looked into it.

Highlighted
Wizard

According to the Sprint official update page for the Galaxy Tab 3 it is not available. SprintCare reps have a habit of lying to make customers happy. They did it for KitKat for the LG G2. Search for "Find and update your software version for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3", I can't see to post a link here. Remember, if you upgrade to Kitkat, you lose access to your SD Card. I'm not planning to update unless there's a situation working around that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They won't tell you something is out to the general public til most people have the update.

Highlighted
Wizard

Also, it will be posted to all the Android news sites when it comes out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat