cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the OEM Messaging App for the Tab 3 ??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is the OEM Messaging App for the Tab 3 ??

I recently got 2 Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablets and was told at the Sprint store that I would be able to send and receive texts to the tablet's phone number.  I have searched high and low and can not find an app on the stock device that will allow this.  I have found multiple tutorials on sending texts with the Tab and Tab 2 devices and the app is called "Messaging" but the app is not on either of my devices and I can't find where to download it.  I wonder why such a useful tool and one the Sprint store pitched to me to make the sale is not included.

Is anyone else having issues finding a way to text on their Galaxy Tab 3 ???

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Where is the OEM Messaging App for the Tab 3 ??

The Tab 3 does not support native text messaging.  You can download a 3rd party text application.  The original Tab 7" did support text, however the Tab 2 did not support text.

I apologize that you were given incorrect information at the store. 

Wizard

This doesn't do it the way the store rep promised you but it would solve your need for the most part...see this post; let me know if the link doesn't get you there

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/682920#682920

Journeyman

what about making a call from the Samsung galaxy tab 3?

Master

TJseven – Unfortunately you are unable to place phone calls from a tablet unless you download a third party application. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

hello whats the name of a third party app to be able to use this tablet as a phone?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat