cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Scanner Functionality Galaxy Tab S2 -- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

*Images compressed? Click on an image to expand it*

Hey everyone!

It's me again!  Last week I talked about SideSync, and this week I want to focus on the use of the built-in fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy Tab S2. 

The fingerprint scanner is similar to other Samsung handsets in the fact that it's located within the home button.  This feature is convenient because it allows you to quickly access your device without the need for a password, plus it allows you to seamlessly sign into your favorite websites without needing to enter username/passwords all the time (stock browser only).

How to configure Fingerprint Scanner:

• Navigate to your device's settings
  • Scroll to Lock Screen and Security
  • Click Fingerprints
  • Also, make sure you that you select 'Fingerprints as the Screen Lock Type after you've configured a fingerprint

Setting_Up_Fingerprints.png

Next, you'll be taken to the setup screen.  From here, you'll want to click 'Add Fingerprint' and you'll be prompted to program a fingerprint like you see below:

Adding_Fingerprints.png Fingerprint_Setup.png

Once you've successfully added one (or multiple) fingerprints through the above process, you can rename them by long pressing on the name of the fingerprint you want to change.  Like this:

Rename_Fingerprints.png

Keep in mind that you can have a maximum of four fingerprints configured to use with your device.

Now that we have a/multiple fingerprints configured, let's turn on Web sign-in.  This will allow you to sign into websites with the tap of your finger instead of typing in your usernames and passwords each time you visit a site.  Please note that this only works in the stock browser named 'Internet' and not Chrome or other browser alternatives.

Click the 'off' switch on Web Sign-in to change it to on.  You may be required to re-verify your fingerprint.

Fingerprints_Maximum.png

Next, navigate to your website of choice that requires sign-in.  I chose to navigate to Amazon, since this is where I go to frequently (obviously, if you have the app it's much faster, but for this example I'm pretending I do not use the application... ).  Sign into that website using your normal credentials and once you successfully logged in, a pop-up will display that asks you if you want to use your fingerprint in the future.  Select the box by "Sign in using your fingerprints" and click "remember."

Fingerprint_Signin.png

Now, every time you visit the saved website, a fingerprint request will display that asks you to place your finger on the sensor/home key.  That's it.  No need to enter your username and password each time you visit the site.  This could be helpful for a banking website or something else that does not have a robust mobile application.

The fingerprint scanner is a breeze to setup and even easier to use.  I rely heavily on this feature during use because it is efficient and convenient.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time --

-- Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee