cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Window View on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the nice things about using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is that you have a lot of screen real estate which can lead to more productivity. If you have a large screen, take advantage of it!

To help with productivity, Samsung has something called “Multi window” view (kind of like multitasking - something we are all pros at by now in our fast-paced world).

Multi window view allows for multiple tasks on one screen, similar to what you might experience on your computer while having different programs open at the same time on your monitor. Why would you need this on your tablet?  Perhaps you need to watch a video and surf the web at the same time, or maybe check email and take notes simultaneously.

Screenshot_2015-08-27-16-05-30copy2.png

To use Multi window view, touch and hold the recent apps icon (the icon to the left of your home button). Then touch an application to open it into split view, then touch the next application to open that one into split view as well. You can continue this process with up to six apps I believe. You can resize the windows, drop and drag content, and close windows.

You can also open up apps in Multi window view by touching the recent apps button and tapping the “multi window” icon in the upper right hand corner of recent apps that are compatible. Something to note: Multi window view is not available for every app.

Screenshot_2015-08-27-16-21-00copy.png

I have been using this feature on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it works quite well. I don’t have six items open at once, but I do have two open at the same time. For me, it is usually Spotify and email. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, I suggest you give Multi window view a try!

If you don’t have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors