cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Capture.PNG

I will start off saying that I have love both of my Samsung tablets and both will handle about anything you throw at them. I did find an advantage each tablet had over the other, although I am comparing to different series the Note and tab line against each other. With that said lets take a look at each tablet to see how they compare.

Product Features for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

• Processor: Samsung Exynos Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz, Octacore application processor
    • Network: Sprint Spark (Tri-band) and 4G LTE
    • Memory: 32 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory (supports 128GB microSD card)
    • Display: 9.7" 2048x1536(QXGA) Super AMOLED
    • Camera: 8MP rear camera
    • Size: 6.63 inches x 9.33 inches x 0.21 inches
    • Weight: 13.70 oz

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition came out last year and the version I have is Wi-Fi only. that in itself is one of the disadvantages I found when I was reviewing the LG G Pad. When you have a tablet that is on Wi-Fi only you are limited on the things you can do. This is especially true when it comes to gaming on tablets....

Product Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition

• Processor: 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 Quad-Core Processor
    • Network: Wi-Fi only
    • Memory: 32 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory (supports 64GB microSD card)
    • Display: 10.1-inch 2560x1600 WQXGA display with 4 million pixels
    • Camera: 8MP rear camera
    • Size: 9.6 inches, 6.8 inches, 0.3 inches
    • Weight: 1.19 pounds

20151008_175315.jpg

The specs of this tablet are similar memory and camera megapixels, although that is where the similarities end. The Note 2014 has a slightly larger screen, it is almost twice as thick and heavier than the Tab S2. The advantage I did find with the Note 2014 Edition is the S Pen. I have been using the S Pen more with my Note 5 and miss not having it on my Tab S2. That was the only advantage though the Note 2014 Edition has over my Galaxy Tab S2. Neither tablet had any lag with their Samsung processors, although the Tab S2 has a faster processor with a Octa-core vs the Quad-core in the Note 2014.

20151008_180821.jpg

I generally use my tablets for watching movies and that is where the Galaxy Tab S2 really out performs the Note 2014 because of the Super Amoled display. The Tab S2 provides richer colors and able to experience true blacks.... I played the movie Battleship on both tablets and I am able to watch the movie with no problem on both. The difference is in the color... in one outer space scene the the black void had more blue in it on the Note 2014 Edition tablet and the Tab S2 made the stars pop with the black background. I showed the Tab S2 to someone yesterday and played Battleship on it for a demo and they could not get over how crisp the display was....

20151008_175219.jpg

One of the other advantages of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 over my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is that the Tab S2 has LTE network service so I can take it with me and not worry about finding a Wi-Fi location while I am on the road. Plus with it being much lighter in weight makes it easier to carry around than the Note 2014.

Check back next week and I will review the case option I selected and the reason I went with this case. Until then, visit a Sprint store and check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 tablet to see what you think about it.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee