Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Traveling with the Tab S2 with LTE

Sprint Product Ambassador

I recently had the great pleasure to take the Galaxy Tab 2S tablet on a road trip vacation. Being new to tablet ownership, I was curious to see how the device with LTE connection would add to our experience.

This was a true road trip with 8 hours on the road to get to our destination. The trip was also extra special with my wife and me enjoying our first vacation as empty nesters and in celebration of our 20 year wedding anniversary.

Having the tablet along for the ride was amazing and for sure value added to help “elevate my downtime”.

The LTE connection through a Sprint data plan made it possible to send and receive work e-mail while on the road. My usual time away from my busy work has added stress thinking of what I am missing and the giant pile of messages that I will need to work through on the dreaded day re-connected.

It is important to focus on relaxing and being fully present with the family when away. The data connection in the car made it possible catch up on all my important e-mails during the long drive home. It was an incredible feeling to be mostly caught up as we pulled into the driveway. Sure I could have processed e-mail on my phone but the 9.7’ screen has a great advantage in convenience as well has function.

On the non-work side of things, the big screen combined with access to the cloud through my LTE connection in the car made it super easy download pictures to edit and upload to social media during the drive home.

Another great benefit to the tablet was the opportunity to research spots to eat as well as places to visit while we were at our vacation destination. In the old days, (last month) I would have used a laptop in the hotel room for making reservations and for figuring out things to do. Thanks to the Galaxy Tab S2 I never fired up the laptop even once and instead in just minutes was able to find all that I needed. Tap! Book! Bam and we were ready to head out for more fun.

I have be honest. Up until I had the opportunity to try a tablet device as I am doing now with the Galaxy Tab S2 I really so no need for one. Now just three weeks into it I am for sure eating my words to be full of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 happiness. I am also starting to see more and more the value of also having the table LTE enabled for when there is no wifi to be had as I experienced on the road.

Here is a little road trip pic taken with the Tab S2.

road trip pic.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee