cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SideSync on the Galaxy Tab S2: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the unique features that Samsung offers on the Galaxy Tab S2 is something called SideSync. Samsung’s SideSync allows you to share your screen and information between your Galaxy Tab S2 and your computer. In short, SideSync enables you to navigate your entire device from your computer, and works really well.

sidesynclogo.png

Some of the cool things you can do with SideSync are:

• Share your Galaxy Tab S2 screen with your computer
  • Control your Galaxy Tab S2 from your computer using your computer keyboard and mouse
  • Receive device notifications on the dashboard
  • Receive Galaxy Tab S2 alarms through your computer
  • Share urls between your two devices using the internet sharing feature
  • Transfer music or video playback from your Galaxy Tab S2 to your computer

Using SideSync is a snap. First, you need to install it on your computer. You can do this by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/sidesync/ and installing the SideSync software on your PC or Mac. On your Galaxy Tab S2, download the app from Google Play or Samsung GALAXY Apps which is preloaded on your Galaxy Tab S2.

How to use:

1. Install SideSync on your computer and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
  2. Connect both the computer and Galaxy Tab S2 to the same WiFi network
  3. Open SideSync on both devices
  4. Choose the device with which you want to pair (once both devices have paired, they will be automatically connected going forward when on the same WiFi network providing SideSync is open)

Note: A USB cable will automatically connect devices together in SideSync.

I really like using this tool while I’m at my computer. It allows me to not miss notifications and to remotely manage my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

If you don’t have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors