cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

0 Comments

http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uploads/4499/g/tab-s-9.7-lead.jpg

Picture taken from Laptopmag.com

I have had my Samsung tab S2 for over a month and ready to make my final review.  I have enjoyed my time with this tablet and only having the Nexus 10 to compare it to I find this to be the best tablet I have ever owned. So let me review some of the things I loved most about this tablet.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/I5olKH_whtJFAX3_U0hhMDD4jhk=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4027478/verge-2015-08-31_10-23-15.0.jpg

Image taken from theVerge.com

Design:

I love this design on the Tab S2 it screams functional and at the same time high end.  Now of course this opinion is mine and mine alone because some may prefer the aluminum backs found in an iPad or Dell.  Comparing it to previous plastic versions the I love the sleek feeling back on this tablet.  I find the ability to add memory via the Micro SD slot to be a game changer as well.  With so many tablets being only able to handle the on board storage this allows you to take on as much as you can handle.  The power button and volume rockers are easily accessible but that leads me to another aesthetically pleasing factor.  THE EDGES!!!!  They are these nice flat edges that allow your fingers to easily rest while holding the tablet. The edges are very premium looking with a chrome-like finish that is sure to catch anyone's eye.

http://i-loveshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/galaxy-tab-s2.jpg

Image taken from medialifeshare.com

Performance:

Samsung has always had the screens on lock from phones to tablets and the Tab S2 does not disappoint.  With the 9.7 inches of Super AMOLED screen it packs a punch that is sure to impress even the hardest of critics.  Not only do the colors pop off the screen but it allows for fluid animations.  I have stated in previous blogs the multitasking abilities and they do not disappoint.  The ability to write a paper on half the screen while researching on chrome on the other can not be praised enough.  With the real estate you have in all 9.7 inches of the screen you can Maximize your potential.

http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uploads/4499/g/tab-s-9.7-music.jpg

Image taken from Laptopmag.com

Battery Life:

I do get great battery life but in all honesty I don't max out my apps and streaming.  When watching video or listening to music I do make sure no background apps are running.  But I have gotten a full 8 hours out of daily use.  PCMAG.com tested and found:

To test it, we streamed a video over Wi-Fi at maximum brightness. The Tab S2 9.7's 5,870mAh battery lasted for 5 hours and 11 minutes.

In the heaviest of uses I still see you getting good use of the battery.

http://cdn.ndtv.com/tech/samsung_galaxy_tab_s2_banner.jpg

image taken from gadgets.ndtv.com

Conclusion:

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 is the best tablet I have ever owned.  The appealing nature of the tablet with its sleek and thin form factor is a big selling point.  As highlighted in my favorites the 9.7 inch screen allows for easy use in multitasking.  In my humble opinion as stated this is the tablet to compete.  Samsung has hit a home run and it's time to take a victory lap!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year and I love being able to spend it with my family. Our kids really have so much decorating the house and getting things ready for Santa that my wife and I get such a kick out of them. I recently downloaded

an app called "Christmas Story Books" to my Tab S2 and we have been having fun reading them together (well the app actually will read the story out loud....) Here are a couple screen shots from the app:

one.png

two.png

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Official TVC - Santa - YouTube

I have enjoyed the Tablet over time and glad to see it get its own commercial.  I think when high end tablets are talked about Samsung is always in the conversation and the resolution should place it in the top.

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

If you’re looking for an awesome holiday gift idea, I have one for you...the Galaxy Tab S2.

gal_463x407_4.jpg

Sure, there is a lot of talk right now about the iPad Pro, but Apple’s inflated price is a bit obnoxious (imo), when you can get a beast of a tablet for half the price with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for a few months now and absolutely love it. I dig it so much that I actually ended up selling my iPad! Yes, this tablet is better than my iPad. 

The Galaxy Tab S2 is incredibly fast and responsive. It has a 64 Bit Octa-core processor (Quad 1.9 GHz + Quad 1.3GHz), 3GB RAM, and 32GB ROM, and accepts a microSD of up to 128 GB. With these storage options, you can save media to your device and install many apps without worry.

I have been using this device for work email, personal email, internet browsing, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, HBO Now, Google Play Movies, downloading films and videos to my device (such as my exercise videos, which allows me to workout in my hotel room), playing music, creating documents, and using social networks.

The Sprint LTE connection on the Galaxy Tab S2 is fantastic. My coverage is solid and speeds are fast.

Here are the device specs:

Processor: 64 Bit Octa-core, quad 1.9GHz, Quad 1.3GHz, Samsung Exynos 5433

Display 2048x1536 (QXGA) Super AMOLED

Camera: 8MP AF (rear), 2.1MP (front)

Video: H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, VP8, Recording: QHD(2560x1440)@30fps, Playback: UHD(3840x2160)@30fps

Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC

Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO (2.4GHz/5GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 BLE

GPS: GPS, GLONASS

Sensor: Accelerometer, Finger Scanner, Gyroscope, Compass, Hall Sensor, RGB Sensor

Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, expansion: up to 128GB microSD

Dimensions: 6.65” x 9.7” x .22”

Weight: .86 lbs

Battery: 5870mAh (embedded)

This device is the PERFECT tablet to choose for a holiday gift to someone special, or even a holiday gift for yourself! The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

One of the unique features that Samsung offers on the Galaxy Tab S2 is something called SideSync. Samsung’s SideSync allows you to share your screen and information between your Galaxy Tab S2 and your computer. In short, SideSync enables you to navigate your entire device from your computer, and works really well.

sidesynclogo.png

Some of the cool things you can do with SideSync are:

• Share your Galaxy Tab S2 screen with your computer
  • Control your Galaxy Tab S2 from your computer using your computer keyboard and mouse
  • Receive device notifications on the dashboard
  • Receive Galaxy Tab S2 alarms through your computer
  • Share urls between your two devices using the internet sharing feature
  • Transfer music or video playback from your Galaxy Tab S2 to your computer

Using SideSync is a snap. First, you need to install it on your computer. You can do this by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/sidesync/ and installing the SideSync software on your PC or Mac. On your Galaxy Tab S2, download the app from Google Play or Samsung GALAXY Apps which is preloaded on your Galaxy Tab S2.

How to use:

1. Install SideSync on your computer and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
  2. Connect both the computer and Galaxy Tab S2 to the same WiFi network
  3. Open SideSync on both devices
  4. Choose the device with which you want to pair (once both devices have paired, they will be automatically connected going forward when on the same WiFi network providing SideSync is open)

Note: A USB cable will automatically connect devices together in SideSync.

I really like using this tool while I’m at my computer. It allows me to not miss notifications and to remotely manage my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

If you don’t have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

logo-galaxy-tab2.png

samsung galaxy tab s2 9.7.png

About every year we head up to Holiday Island in Arkansas by Eureka Springs for vacation. This time of the year it is quite and very beautiful and my daughters love it up there. This year I took my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to check out the camera. My daughter always ask to have her picture taken when we go into Eureka Springs.

20151108_092919.jpg20151108_092924.jpg

My daughter was trying to be sneaky and take a picture of me while relaxing on the couch with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 one morning. She did not know my tablet had a front facing camera so I was able to activate the camera and switch it over to the front facing camera to capture her taking a picture of me.... she got a kick out of it..... The 2.1 MP front facing camera did a great job of capturing her and I was able to activate the front facing camera very quickly. I captured several pictures of her laughing once she realized I caught her....

20151113_135952(0).jpg

Every year we visit Eureka Springs my daughter ask to have her picture taken by the pink house.... this is the pink house. The one thing that felt awkward in taking the picture was making sure I had the camera orientation correctly. Majority of the pictures I took were upside down because I did not pay attention which end of the camera I had up. That is easily fixed by rotating the pictures.....

20151113_135756.jpg

My daughter asked for this picture to be taken of her by herself.... the 8MP rear camera did a great job of capturing this one. I was in the shade and my daughter had a few rays of sunlight coming through on this one.

20151108_093438.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 does a great job of taking pictures indoors too.... this picture was taken inside our cabin from the loft looking out. I wanted to capture a picture of the fall colors before the freeze we had coming that night.

If you are looking for a tablet that has the ability to take great pictures in addition to the other functionality you need, look no further. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is a premium tablet that is one of the best tablets I have owned.Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 at a Sprint store near you to see if it is the tablet for you....

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Hey Everyone!

Sadly, it has come time to finish my blog installments for the Galaxy Tab S2....  I have grown to love this device over the previous couple of months, and it has become just as attached to me as my smartphone is.  I find myself using my Tab S2 for tasks I typically use my device for: Facebook, Twitter, email, reading books, watching YouTube, etc.  I also utilize the tablet as my connection to my Smartphone when I need to through SideSync.  Hands down, SideSync is my absolute favorite feature on the Tab S2 and another Samsung device or my PC.  Haven't read my blog on SideSync on the Tab S2?  Check it out here.   (Pretty please?? )

If you're in the market for a high-end, feature-rich tablet for yourself or someone else, the Galaxy Tab S2 will be a perfect fit!  It's lightweight, perfectly-sized, packs a great camera, and can multitask with ease.  The screen makes viewing photos and videos comfortable and convenient.  With the holidays rolling around, many people have family members/friends coming to visit.  Use the Tab S2 to entertain your guests by showing off pictures from your latest trip, videos of your cat(s) (or other people's cats on YouTube), or letting the kids watch YouTube Kids!  Whatever you use it for, the Tab S2 will be there for you along the way as the perfect companion!

On a scale of one happy face to five, I give the Galaxy Tab S2:

Rating.png

As always, thank you for reading my blog posts on all of the devices that I receive through this wonderful program.  I could not be more thankful for being able to participate.  I hope that these blog installments help you along the way.  I'm always open to feedback, so please utilize the comment and/or rating system!

Until next time (hint: Pixi 7 tablet) --

- Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

Last week while on vacation I connected my stereo Bluetooth headset up to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to watch a movie. I went to adjust the sound through settings and saw an option for Sound Quality and Effects. Then there was an option for Adapt Sound that said "Find the best sound for you." so I checked it out.

Settings.PNG

You have to have headset connected in order to use this feature, although it is well worth it for me. I had a head injury several years ago and sometimes I do not always hear very well with ringing in my ears. One important thing about Adapt Sound is the setup has to be completed in a room that is quite so you can hear the tones in each ear and respond on the tablet when you do.

Left.PNG

Right.PNG

The above is how my testing went and the last image you can see how Adapt Sound improved and adjust the sounds up into the excellent category to improve the sound for me. I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 often when I go out for lunch and watch a movie with my headset on. Sometimes the place I frequent for lunch can be very loud and making this adjust made a difference there too.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is one of the best tablets I have tested and now I found something the sets it up over some of the others I have reviewed even more with Adapt Sound.The Samsung Super AMOLED display is crystal clear and is hard to beat while watching a movie, then add Adapt Sound adjustment and it gets even better....

Visit a Sprint store and check out the 0.22" thin Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to if it is the next tablet for you!

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

I have been a long time holdout of adding a tablet to my fleet of wiz bang gadgets. After all, there is not much I could do on a Tablet that I am not doing already with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. This was my thought process until my recent introduction to the world of tablets thanks to the Samsung Tab S2 with LTE. Prior to trying this tablet out I was a skeptic for sure. Six weeks of use have gone by and I can say that I am totally hooked and understand why tablets are so popular. Here are just a few of my favorite things about the Tab S2.

Wifi is awesome but it is not everywhere I go. Over these last few weeks I have made the most of the LTE data connection while on the road for vacation, while at work and during down time. When I had my recent vacation, the data connection was super handy for looking up activities and for keeping up with e-mail. It made the travel experience much better and eliminated the need to use my laptop when I wanted to was look something up quickly.

At work, the connection to my company intranet and internal tools has increased my productivity options in our paperless environment. No longer do I need to lug around my laptop to share a report or access a tool. Everything I need is right here in my hand when I need and where I need it and thanks to the LTE connection my Wifi free workplace is no longer an issue for me.

I did find typing efficiently on the tablet to be a chore and solved this issue with a wireless keyboard.

In my downtime, it has been terrific to use the LTE connection to stream a movie or to catch up on personal e-mails at the park, in restaurants and wherever I my chose to escape for some stress relief.

Going beyond being connected through LTE, here are my top uses for the Tablet that have been superior to my experience on a phone.

• Reading—The 9.7” screen is perfect as a e-reader and now I am able to have better access to the books, online magazines and the digital edition of my local paper.
  • Working—I already touched on this a bit previously. My e-mail experience on a tablet is far superior to working from the smaller screen of a phone.
  • Relaxing—The Samsung super AMOLED screen is amazing for streaming movies and videos. I have spent probably a little too much time on the back porch and hammock binge watching movies and TV shows for sure.
  • Getting fit—This week I have starting setting up the Tab S2 on the treadmill for my long runs at the gym. It has been a nice distraction during mind numbing indoor workouts.
  • Gaming—The tablet gaming experience is far superior than a device. The large screen size combined with the graphics capability of the S2 make it great for enjoying the best of Android games.

There are a lot of tablet choices on the market and the Samsung Tab S2 is a premium choice that delivers a premium experience in return. Combine this table with the power of the Sprint LTE network and downtime as well as worktime reach a whole new level of goodness.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

*Images compressed? Click on an image to expand it*

Hey everyone!

It's me again!  Last week I talked about SideSync, and this week I want to focus on the use of the built-in fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy Tab S2. 

The fingerprint scanner is similar to other Samsung handsets in the fact that it's located within the home button.  This feature is convenient because it allows you to quickly access your device without the need for a password, plus it allows you to seamlessly sign into your favorite websites without needing to enter username/passwords all the time (stock browser only).

How to configure Fingerprint Scanner:

• Navigate to your device's settings
  • Scroll to Lock Screen and Security
  • Click Fingerprints
  • Also, make sure you that you select 'Fingerprints as the Screen Lock Type after you've configured a fingerprint

Setting_Up_Fingerprints.png

Next, you'll be taken to the setup screen.  From here, you'll want to click 'Add Fingerprint' and you'll be prompted to program a fingerprint like you see below:

Adding_Fingerprints.png Fingerprint_Setup.png

Once you've successfully added one (or multiple) fingerprints through the above process, you can rename them by long pressing on the name of the fingerprint you want to change.  Like this:

Rename_Fingerprints.png

Keep in mind that you can have a maximum of four fingerprints configured to use with your device.

Now that we have a/multiple fingerprints configured, let's turn on Web sign-in.  This will allow you to sign into websites with the tap of your finger instead of typing in your usernames and passwords each time you visit a site.  Please note that this only works in the stock browser named 'Internet' and not Chrome or other browser alternatives.

Click the 'off' switch on Web Sign-in to change it to on.  You may be required to re-verify your fingerprint.

Fingerprints_Maximum.png

Next, navigate to your website of choice that requires sign-in.  I chose to navigate to Amazon, since this is where I go to frequently (obviously, if you have the app it's much faster, but for this example I'm pretending I do not use the application... ).  Sign into that website using your normal credentials and once you successfully logged in, a pop-up will display that asks you if you want to use your fingerprint in the future.  Select the box by "Sign in using your fingerprints" and click "remember."

Fingerprint_Signin.png

Now, every time you visit the saved website, a fingerprint request will display that asks you to place your finger on the sensor/home key.  That's it.  No need to enter your username and password each time you visit the site.  This could be helpful for a banking website or something else that does not have a robust mobile application.

The fingerprint scanner is a breeze to setup and even easier to use.  I rely heavily on this feature during use because it is efficient and convenient.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time --

-- Troy

0 Comments

I like catching features that take a little investigation to discover and as I was hunting around in the settings menu of my Tab S2 I found a couple of gesture command options.   Intuitively I should have known there would be gesture options, Samsung is known for including a handful of them in the last few iterations of their smartphone devices.  Here is a quick guide on what you have at your disposal, finding the two options is rather straight forward.  Simply open your settings menu and find the Motions and Gestures option in the Device sub-menu. 

Capture it

screen shot.png

Various devices do screen capture different ways but I like the application here with the larger screen. Simply swipe the side of your hand across the screen and a snapshot of your screen will be captured.  It is rather standard to see this feature triggered by holding the home and power button simultaneously but the swipe approach seems much more appropriate given the device size.  I used this feature to capture both illustrations for this blog, super easy to use.  Why would you use this?  Easy way to share a quick view of content via any medium of your choosing.  See a cool recipe online?  Bam. . .  screen capture.

Quite down Now

mute it.png

I'm not sure how many of you are using your tablet as an alarm or timer but if you are well you are in luck!   The other gesture available is a quick mute command that allows you to mute clock functions by placing the palm of your hand over the screen.   This doesn't work for an alarm/timer alert waking the device from slumber so it is a bit limited.  I had trouble getting use to this one because I would make partial contact with my finger tips and it would kick off a whole host of unwanted selections.  I'm still trying to figure out how to be more effective with this command.   So why would you use this command?  Potentially useful when you are cooking and you can maneuver your hand in a way that doesn't get egg yolk or flour all over your tablet. . . .

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Part of the appeal for many people to purchase a tablet is the opportunity to ditch the laptop and increase the opportunity for working on the go. I am on of those on the go people and generally can be found roaming the office with the laptop in tow or a paper notebook. Prior to trying this tablet I was curious if it would be worth having as a tool for work.

I like to think of things in terms of ROI (return on investment) when dishing out money. Will this new gadget increase my quality of life enough to justify the cost to purchase? Will I be better at my job if I spend this money?

ROI for many is the portable entertainment factor of having a great device for games and for watching streaming video. These activities are both pretty amazing on the Galaxy Tab S2 thanks to the perfect 9.7” size and the super AMOLED screen but how is it for the person looking to use for business?

The mobile BYOD workforce is here to stay and the Tab S2 is business ready especially when activated with Sprint LTE service to ensure data access when WiFi is not to be found.

Right from the box the Tab S2 is able to get to work thanks to having Microsoft Office for Android apps preloaded including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. The apps each required an update before use and this was super easy. After just a few minutes I was ready to get to work.

Many companies like mine allow employees to access the organization Intranet and files after loading and activating some mandated security requirements.

Doing so for me was breeze and after that I soon found myself on the go with quick access to needed Excel based reports, PowerPoints and Intranet based work information. No longer am I required to lug around my laptop to meet with the team about a result or to share a presentation. Now I have it all with me in an easy to present format. Even better is that thanks to the LTE connection I can quickly access needed information in the areas of my office that do not have a WiFi connection.

My work experience on e-mail is also far superior than checking e-mail on a phone. It is hard to beat having the large screen and the opportunity to open attachments and follow links to intranet based information.

No I have not ditched the laptop nor do I think the tablet is complete alternative to having one. It has however added an extra element to my ability to be productive during times and in situations where I would not have been as efficient or effective in the past. This to me is the best ROI I could ask for and makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with LTE any valuable tool for my success.

What about you? Are you using a tablet to improve your contribution to work? How do you see it helping you be more effective and productive?

0 Comments

Mag1.jpgMag 2.jpg

My family has always enjoyed reading different magazines. My wife goes for the inStyle and Vogue, and I like to read Men’s Health and Entertainment Weekly. We have always had subscriptions of magazines that have been mailed to our house. Over time the magazines seem to pile up and go unread because we get so busy. On a lazy Sunday we may sit around and catch up on our reading and eventually get rid of them. Some of the magazines that we receive are as large as books and it always seems like such a waste to throw them away. I know we could recycle them, but we would have to drive almost an hour to a place that would accept the paper for recycling. Last year we consciously made the decision to stop ordering magazines because we felt we were not doing good things for our planet. Throwing away thousands of sheets of paper each year was not something that we wanted to do.

We both knew that we had the option to download magazines on our phones, but the size was not conducive to reading. You would have to pinch to zoom and scroll around to read what was really printed to be read on something the size of a magazine. When I got my Galaxy Tab S2 I knew the almost 10” screen was perfect for reading and the first thing I thought of was the magazines that we used to love. Google Newsstand allows a ton of different options ranging from buying a magazine separately to getting a subscription billed monthly to either your CC or your Sprint bill.

We decided to start with one magazine subscription each to make sure we were okay with the new digital experience. My wife started with Women’s Health and I choose Entertainment Weekly. Reading a magazine on a tablet proved to be an even better experience than on a magazine. In the magazines that my wife has subscribed to, they have interactive options so you can directly visit sites that sell clothes from the magazine, or you can learn more about exercises that are mentioned in the magazine. Instead of ripping out pages from the magazine, she can click on articles and watch videos to show her proper technique. The same was true on Entertainment Weekly. They would offer to show trailers for movies they were writing about and linked out to IMDB if you wanted more info on TV Shows or Movies.

It has been an awesome experience using Google Newsstand to read our favorite magazines and use all of the interactive experiences. If you have been wanting to start saving paper, but still want to read your favorite content, my experience has shown that the Galaxy Tab S2 is the perfect device to deliver the best experience possible.

0 Comments

SOund.jpg

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for over a month now and I absolutely love it. There is not a day that goes by where I don’t use it to either check mail, watch some Netflix, or play games. The screen is amazing and the processor is speedy. We have had a lot of company in town the previous three weeks so there have been a lot of family dinners and BBQs. Here in Atlanta it’s still pretty hot so we can have BBQs through December. In our family we like to put on some good music and dance and have fun when we meet up so it’s important to have some type of good sound system.

Sprint has a partnership with Harman Kardon and have sold different speakers and phones with built in speakers. The HK Aura is one of the speakers that we have started to sell so I decided to pick one up for our house. The HK Aura is not “portable” and needs to be plugged in to work. The best part about it is the design and amazing sound. It is cylindrical in shape so it delivers amazing 360 degree sound which is loud inside and outside.

In order to use the HK Aura you need a device with Bluetooth. In the past I have used my phone to power my speaker, but it would often get interrupted by email or phone calls. The Galaxy Tab S2 is the perfect solution to that problem. One of the first apps that I downloaded on the tablet is Spotify. I have the premium membership and can customize playlists with any song that they offer. The Tab S2 has awesome LTE so you don’t have to have the WiFi connection to make it work with the HK Aura. When we used this at the family events people were amazed at the sound of the Aura and the look of the Galaxy Tab S2. The Tabs larger size allows it to be used as a control center with ease. People were able to find their favorite songs and play them like it was a jukebox. The S2 and HK Aura were the ultimate combination for a good time. If you love music and want a powerful tablet that can do pretty much everything, you should check out the Tab S2 and the HK Aura.

0 Comments

Images compressed?  Click an image to expand!

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to highlight the SideSync application that you can use on your Galaxy Tab S2, your Galaxy smartphones, and even your computer.  This application has quickly become a necessity for me because of the functionality that it provides in a myriad of ways!  For this article, I am only focusing on connection between Galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy Note 5, as well as connection between the Galaxy Tab S2 and a PC.  See the embedded YouTube video for a more hands-on approach to SideSync between the Galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy Note 5!

What is SideSync?

• Application that allows you to:
  • Share screen and data between phone/tablet, phone/computer, Tablet/Computer
  • Transfer files between devices seamlessly
  • Send/Receive text messages between devices
  • Send/Receive phone calls between devices

(Image Source: Samsung)

How to get SideSync:

• Pre-installed application on many Galaxy smartphones, as well as the Galaxy Tab S2
    • If not installed, a quick Google Play search for SideSync will point you in the proper direction
  • Computer users can navigate to www.samsung.com/us/sidesync

Connecting your Galaxy Tab S2 to your Galaxy Note 5:

• Find SideSync on your Tab S2 (or download first) and tap the application
  • SideSync_Icon.png
  • SideSync will search for another compatible device
  • SideSyncSearch.png
  • Open SideSync on your Galaxy Note 5
  • SideSync will search for another compatible device
  • On the Tab S2, select the device you want to connect to (Note 5)
  • Devices will communicate and pair; connection usually happens in about 15 - 20 seconds.
  • SideSynce_Connecting.png

Once the devices connect, you are brought to a small icon window that I like to call the Quick Launch Toolbar.  This provides you with three applications that you can tap on to quickly launch on the connected device.  The first three are File Explorer, Music, and Gallery.  You can add multiple applications (up to 9) in the Quick Launch Toolbar by tapping the + button and selecting additional applications.  This feature is handy if you have other apps you want to manage quickly and often, or for applications that are compatible with your phone and not your tablet!  Here are some screenshots of the process:

Quick_Launch_Toolbar.png

Quick_Launch_Toolbar_Editing.png

Tapping the phone icon on the Quick Launch Toolbar (upper-right) will mirror phone's screen on your tablet for full use:

Device_Screen_mirroring_Full Screen.png

You will need to unlock the device using your chosen unlock method.  From here you can access the phone, control features, place and receive phone calls through the tablet/phone, and much more..

Transferring files and other features (VIDEO!):

How do you transfer files?  Well, it's difficult to show via screenshot, so I made a video of the process for you!  The video below contains steps to transfer files between connected device, how to send/receive calls, how to send/receive text messages and a few more tips!  Give it a watch!

Text Messaging:

You can easily send/receive text messages using SideSync through your connected device.  This is convenient if your phone is charging and you're using your tablet.  I tend to use this feature quite a bit during field visits because I can use my tablet for the majority of my visit, but still keep an eye on my text messages or calls during conversations.  Here's a view at how it works:

Screen_Mirroring_Text_Messaging.png

Connecting to a Computer:

Once you have downloaded and installed the appropriate SideSync version for your computer (Windows or Mac), you're ready to roll!  Once you open the SideSync application on your computer, it will begin searching for any available devices.  Your computer will connect to your phone or tablet, so choose the want you want to use.  For this demonstration, I'm using my Galaxy Tab S2.  Connection typically takes about 15 - 20 seconds between devices, but may take longer depending on your configuration/network speed.  Here are some images of the process:

Desktop.jpg

SS1.jpg  SS2.jpg

Connected_Notifications.jpg

As you can see, the Tab S2's notification are now pulled over to my PC in a convenient box.  I have the same familiar options of My Files, Music and Gallery like we discussed earlier, plus the ability to add a few more.  I can easily manage my notifications on my Tablet via my PC from this screen.  Clicking on "Tablet Screen" will allow my tablet screen to be mirrored on my PC, allowing full functionality:

Tab_Screen.jpg

You can also transfer files between your computer and tablet (or phone) very quickly with SideSync.  A quick way is to select the Gallery icon on the SideSync Quick Launch Toolbar on your PC.  This will open the Gallery on your Tab S2 (or other connected device).  Navigate to the photo(s) you want and long press on an image.  This will then allow you to select one or multiple files to move to your computer.  Once you have selected the file(s) you want, long press one last time and you'll notice that it picks up the files you've selected.  You can then drag these files to copy them to your PC in your desired folder.  I have placed them on the Desktop for this example:

Drag and Drop.jpg

Drag and Drop 2.jpg

The transfer process is quick and easy!

The possibilities are nearly endless with SideSync!  I appreciate having the ability to control my devices from my computer, as well as the ability to carry both my phone and my tablet in my hand simultaneously!  I no longer have to juggle between my tablet and my phone to stay connected because I can do it all from a single device with ease!

What do you use SideSync for?  Have any other tips you want to share?  If so, drop them below in the comments!

As always, thank you very much for reading!

Until next time....

- Troy

0 Comments

‘Tis the season for gifts… and Samsung has joined the gift giving season with Galaxy Gifts. When you purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, there is an app called “Galaxy Apps.” Inside Galaxy Apps are Galaxy Gifts, which entail premium offers exclusively for your Galaxy.

To access your gifts, tap your Galaxy Apps icon, and then navigate to Exclusives. You will see Galaxy Gifts, tap “See more.”

Screenshot_2015-11-09-11-35-28.png

Galaxy Gifts

CNN for Samsung (by 2015 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.): An exclusive HD news experience for Samsung customers, providing expertly curated content.

News Republic for Samsung (by Mobile’s Republic): A personalized news experience and premium curation exclusive to Samsung customers.

Texture by Next Issue (by Next Issue Media): 12 months complimentary (new users only).

Megapolis (by Social Quantum Ltd): Play Megapolis and build your dreams.

Any.do Task List and To-do List (by Any.do): 6 month complimentary subscription ($30 value).

ArtRage (by Ambient Design Ltd): Complimentary download.

The Economist (by The Economist Newspaper Ltd 2014): 6-month trial subscription.

Fleksy Keyboard - Happy Typing (by Fleksy, Inc.): Fleksy Keyboard and Modern premium. themes complimentary

The Guardian (by Guardian News and Media): Premium content, ad free app subscription for 6 months.

Hancom Office Hword 2014 (by Hancom, Inc.): Complimentary download.

Hancom Office Hshow 2014 (by Hancom, Inc.): Complimentary download.

Hancom Office Hcell 2014 (by Hancom, Inc.): Complimentary download.

Kindle for Samsung (by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.): Complimentary ebook every month through Samsung Book Deals.

Magisto Video Editor & Maker ( by SightEra Technologies): 3 months complimentary of Magisto Pro HD.

NY Times - Breaking News (by The New York Times): 3 months complimentary.

Pocket: Your Reading List, Anywhere (by Pocket): Complimentary 6 month subscription to premium service.

Shazam Android Encore (by Shazam Entertainment Ltd): Complimentary ad-free version.

Autodesk SketchBook for Galaxy (by Autodesk Inc.): Fully Unlocked Pro Features in the New Autodesk Sketchbook for Galaxy.

Driver Speedboat Paradise (by 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment): One complimentary boat.

Createrria - craft your games! (by Incuvo LLC): $20 of in-game currency + one exclusive avatar worth $5.

Parallels Access - remote access (by 2014 Parallels IP HOldings GmbH): Complimentary 6 month subscription.

AmpliTube LE for Samsung Pro Audio (by iK Multimedia Production Srl): Unlock 2 additional stomps, worth USD 9.99.

Scribd (by Scribd): 3 months complimentary unlimited books + audiobook.

Stitcher Radio for Podcasts (by Stitcher, Inc.): Premium podcast content.

Keeper Password Manager and Digital Vault (by Callpod, Inc.): 3 months complimentary of unlimited service.

OneDrive (by Microsoft Corporation): Receive an extra 100GB of OneDrive storage for 2 years.

Township (by Playrix LLC): Get 100 Township cash and advance to a bigger and better Township quicker.

Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House (by LDW Software, LLC): Adopt a litter person from the thousands of choices of little people.

As you can see, there are a lot of neat gifts. My personal favorites out of the list above are Autodesk SketchBook for Galaxy, OneDrive, ArtRage, CNN Video, News Republic, and Pocket. Happy installing!

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is available for purchase at Sprint.

0 Comments

When you have the screen real estate for drawing, sketching, and painting, you should definitely take advantage of it. If you are an artist or just like to doodle, this is one of the fun things you can do on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

You may want to draw, or perhaps have children that would like to doodle on your S2. Personally, I think it is fun to draw on my tablet, although I am far from being an artist. Even though I stink at drawing, I do enjoy it so I researched some drawing apps. If this is an interest of yours, I suggest you try out some of the following apps and see what works best for you.

SketchBook for Galaxy by Autodesk (free)

SketchBook for Galaxy is professional app for painting and drawing, although you can use it for doodling as well. SketchBook has a full set of drawing and painting tools and brushes, and works extremely well on the Tab S2. It is available for free in the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store for your Galaxy Tab S2 (if it is not already on your device).

ArtFlow: Paint Draw Sketchbook by ArtFlow Studio (free, and has in-app purchase)

ArtFlow is fantastic app for the digital artist. You can turn your Galaxy Tab S2 into a digital sketchbook with more than 70 paint brushes and more. ArtFlow could replace your physical sketchpad and become a universal art studio application. There is a free version that offers an in-app purchase for pro features. To learn more, visit http://artflowstudio.com/.

Skitch - Snap. Mark up. Send. by Evernote (free)

Skitch is a great tool by Evernote that allows you to draw and write on images, add shapes, annotate, or create new drawings from scratch. It is a very useful app that is fun and simple to use.

Skitch Tutorial:

ArtRage by Ambient Design Limited ($4.99 on Google Play, free in Galaxy Apps)

ArtRage is a realistic painting and drawing app that has a full range of drawing tools and digital art features. The tools act like real paint, pencil, or chalk, and interact in different ways with each other and the canvas texture. To learn more, visit https://www.artrage.com/artrage-android/. SPECIAL: ArtRage is available for FREE in Galaxy Apps. On your S2, visit Galaxy Apps > Exclusives > Galaxy Gifts - See More > ArtRage.

Infinite Painter by Infinite Studio Mobile (free, and has in-app purchases)

Infinite Painter is a robust painting app for the professional artist. It has over 80 brushes, the ability to create your own brushes, create infinite layers, and more. The app is free to install, but does have in-app purchases.

Now you can have some fun and unleash your artistic talent with your Samsung Galaxy Tab S, available for purchase at Sprint.

0 Comments

Those of us who work in the corporate world are no strangers to the never-ending task of finding ways to do more with less. Doing more with less doesn't have to mean being loaded down like a Everest mountain Sherpa with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

Given the octo-core power, better-than-my-laptop resolution, and all-day battery life of the Galaxy Tab S2, it's almost the perfect grab-n-go work machine. I say "almost" because - while I'm pretty good at using an on-screen keyboard and touch sensitive screen for navigation, it still doesn't seem as natural or speedy as a "real" keyboard (with real tactile feedback) and mouse. Plus, having mouse pointer precision would make photo edits so much easier. No worries, all you need is a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and voila, you're cranking out docs, emails and presentations like a pro without the bulk and weight of a full-fledged laptop.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office suite apps Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote and OneDrive. Plus, you can install Microsoft Lync and Skype to stay in touch with professional and personal contacts. They work and function just like the "real" desktop Office suite. Plus, with access to Android Play market and Samsung App Store there are myriad productivity apps for you to try. Once I paired my BT keyboard and mouse I was off and working.

Microsoft Word on my Galaxy Tab S2 - (Notice the mouse pointer, I love it!)

word.jpg

Microsoft Excel on my Galaxy Tab S2 - (My BT keyboard has dedicated number keys, makes number crunching a snap!)

excel.jpg

Microsoft Power Point on my Galaxy Tab S2 - (Resizing and moving elements in your PP deck is a breeze with a mouse!)

powerpoint.jpg

Bonus: With the precision of a real mouse and mouse pointer, using photo and video editing apps becomes so much easier! Try your favorite photo editing apps with a mouse and pointer and you'll likely never leave home without it.

I hope this helps you get the most from your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 is a beautiful tablet that is super light and fast. One thing though you might need to do from time to time is capture a screenshot of something you are working on. That is very easy to do on the Tab S2 by following the steps below:

How.PNG

1. Pull up something you would like to capture a screenshot of
  2. Press and hold both the Power button on the side and the home button for a couple of seconds.
  3. The screen will shrink in like a ghost image and go away creating an icon in your notification panel
  4. Pull down on Notification Panel and you will see Screenshot captured.
  5. Click on the screenshot to see it
  6. If the notifications were cleared, the screenshot will be located in your Gallery and there are several ways of viewing it their:
    1. * Gallery> Album View> Screenshots  - *this is the fastest way
    2. Gallery> Time> If taken today it would show up at the top or you will have to find the date screenshot was taken
    3. Gallery> Images> Find your screenshot

Screenshot_2015-10-30-17-48-21.png

Here is a quick screenshot I captured from my Tab S2

I have really enjoyed the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 tablet the last couple of weeks. Visit a Sprint store to see if the Tab S2 is the tablet for you!

Thanks,

Blue

1 Comment

There is no doubt that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is a top of the line premium tablet device with snappy speeds, amazing screen resolution and perfect size to get work as well as fun done. With that out of the way, the next decision has got to be if it is worth the extra expense to get the LTE version and to activate the device on a data plan.

02 TAB.jpg

There are two versions of tablets. Those that connect to wifi only and those that connect to wifi and have the option to connect to a cellular network. LTE data enabled tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 that I am using retail for a higher price than their wifi only peers. At full price and no contract the S2 sells for $648 as opposed to around $499 for the wifi only version. There are options to take the price down including 2yr service agreement at $548 and easy pay at $27 a month as of the writing of this post.

Next to connect you need a data plan. There are several options starting at as low as $10 a month for 100 MB and $15 a month for 1 GB.

So do you need to pay the extra for the device and a plan? It really depends on how and where you will use the device.

My experience in the last few weeks has me convinced that it is indeed worth the extra expense to have the anywhere data connection. Sure wifi is in a lot of places but it is not everywhere. On the road, in nicer restaurants, and even here at work I have found the data connectivity invaluable to ensure I have access to files in the cloud, e-mail, work reports and presentations. The Sprint LTE speed has also been great for when I do get a chance to sneak in some downtime with a streaming video or music.

I am always on the go the opportunity to connect and catch up is important to me.  Plus the large 9.7 screen makes reading documents or articles a terrific experience for my aging eyes.

Worth the extra cost for the LTE device and plan? I am going to have to say yes in my situation and for my needs. Even if I was not planning to activate on a data plan right at purchase, there would be comfort knowing that I own a device that is LTE capable if I found myself with the need.

What do you think?  Do you think having a data plan would add value to your tablet experience?

Curious on data pricing?

There are several options including tablet only plans and shared data plans with your other devices. Go to www.sprint.com for all the latest information and pricing.

0 Comments

http://www3.pcmag.com/media/images/477014-samsung-galaxy-tab-s2-9-7.jpg?thumb=y

(picture taken from pcmag.com)

I have four kids and they all are in Sports except our littlest one.  Our two girls are in Soccer and our oldest boy plays AAU basketball.  What does this mean for my wife and I?  Alot of traveling around the state of Florida!  Last weekend we found ourselves in a dilemma.  Our oldest daughter was playing 2 hours away and the other teams were playing local at the same times.  So I agreed to take our oldest and youngest together for the road trip.  Equipped with a teenager and a five year old we set out on our journey.  About an hour into our drive Christopher (youngest) starts complaining he is bored.  So I whip out the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for him to play games on.  The rest of the ride was utter silence.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2589/3900829089_b2a238a531.jpg

We arrive at the game and we begin to unload.  We have to arrive an hour early for warm ups.  This is where Christopher gets to run around and play on the local playground.  So we find a way to waste an hour before the game.  The game starts and wouldn't you know it before half time Christopher is bored.  Not much for a five year old to do but sit and watch soccer.  I tried to give him the tablet be he said "I played all the games".  Then I remembered I could stream Netflix so he could watch a movie.  I checked the signal level and was getting a full signal.  logged into Netflix and he was off and running.  The stream was flawless with no buffering or pixelization.  He was in heaven watching his shows and I was able to concentrate on yelling at the ref.  Of course he fell asleep on the way home.  When we got home still had 54 percent battery.  This was a perfect trip and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 really saved me.  The entire day could have gone much worse without the tablet!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

One of the nice things about using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is that you have a lot of screen real estate which can lead to more productivity. If you have a large screen, take advantage of it!

To help with productivity, Samsung has something called “Multi window” view (kind of like multitasking - something we are all pros at by now in our fast-paced world).

Multi window view allows for multiple tasks on one screen, similar to what you might experience on your computer while having different programs open at the same time on your monitor. Why would you need this on your tablet?  Perhaps you need to watch a video and surf the web at the same time, or maybe check email and take notes simultaneously.

Screenshot_2015-08-27-16-05-30copy2.png

To use Multi window view, touch and hold the recent apps icon (the icon to the left of your home button). Then touch an application to open it into split view, then touch the next application to open that one into split view as well. You can continue this process with up to six apps I believe. You can resize the windows, drop and drag content, and close windows.

You can also open up apps in Multi window view by touching the recent apps button and tapping the “multi window” icon in the upper right hand corner of recent apps that are compatible. Something to note: Multi window view is not available for every app.

Screenshot_2015-08-27-16-21-00copy.png

I have been using this feature on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it works quite well. I don’t have six items open at once, but I do have two open at the same time. For me, it is usually Spotify and email. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, I suggest you give Multi window view a try!

If you don’t have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

0 Comments

Hey Everyone!

I know when you read the title you probably thought "who takes photos with a tablet?"  Well, there are actually plenty of people who utilize their tablets as their main camera in many instances.  I personally cringe when I see people utilizing their tablets as their main photo-taking device in public settings such as concerts, amusement parks, etc., but I have found that having a camera on a tablet can be beneficial at certain times.

I was camping with my family recently and brought along my Galaxy Tab S2 so that I could read and use it for Netflix or Amazon Video for the kids.  I happened to have it by me a few times when I did not have my phone, and it came in handy for taking a few photos.  The quality of the camera on the Tab S2 is actually better than expected and there are some features that are similar to what other Samsung smartphones offer such as Virtual Shot, Dual Camera and Shot and More.

Specs:

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 features a 8.0 MP rear camera with F1.9 aperture, which allows more light into the shot when taking photos.  Interestingly, the aperture on the Tab S2 is the same as the GS6 and Note 5.

Samsung_Tab_Camera.png

Source: Samsung

If you're unfamiliar with aperture, it is essentially the amount of light that is allowed into the lens when taking a photo.  The smaller the aperture is, the more light that is able to enter into the shot, whereas a larger aperture allows less light.  The ability to take low-light photos is even easier with the Tab S2 thanks to its F1.9 aperture -- this is especially helpful when taking photos indoors.

As mentioned previously, the Tab S2 offers some camera settings that makes taking photos fun and easy.  Some included options include Pro, Panorama, Virtual Shot and Dual Camera.  Additional options can be downloaded if the user desires.  I especially like the pro mode because it allows me to customize my shot to my liking, albeit with slightly less abilities than my Galaxy Note 5.  In Pro mode you can adjust exposure values, ISO and White Balance to get the perfect shot.  In comparison to the Note 5 in Pro mode, it does not have manual focus or shutter speed capabilities.  However, these are not necessary on the Tab S2 in my opinion, especially if this is not the main camera in your life.

Here are some of the options to choose from:

Stock:

Stock_Options.png

Downloadable:

Download_Options.png

During my camping trip I did not find a lot of opportunities to utilize the camera, but did spend some time taking some shots of the campfire while testing a few features out.

HDR:

Fire_HDR.jpg

Dual Shot -- In this mode you can utilize both camera simultaneously.  You can modify how the front-facing camera image looks as well:

Dual_Camera.jpg

Virtual Shot -- on a device this takes multiple pictures to create a "video" that is similar to a GIF.  When shared, like I have done here, it's exported to a MP4 video file that is in 360p:

Pro mode (I did not utilize this function, but wanted to demonstrate the editing abilities):

Pro_options.png

Summary:

After using my tablet as a camera while camping, I have come to terms with the need to use it in certain scenarios.  I still find it obstructive in some situations, but I can see where a camera on a tablet might be of use in a pinch.  Many tablet users use the devices in their homes, thus taking a picture may be as quick as lifting the tablet to snap a photo of a pet, child, or other item.  On a camping trip, a tablet camera could be beneficial for snapping a photo while sitting around a campfire.  In the park you might be reading and need to snap a photo of something quickly without searching for your phone.  It could also be great when your phone has died or has minimal battery life and you need something to take a photo.  Additionally, some companies deploy tablets to their employees, and part of the job requires taking pictures; the Tab S2 would be a great device to utilize in this example.

Samsung's Tab S2 packs a pretty good camera with great aperture, allowing for a great shot almost every time.  The camera may not be as "large" in terms of megapixels compared to other smartphones, but it holds its own pretty well in the tablet department.  The included modes, as well as the downloadable modes, make it fun an easy to take pictures while on the go.

Until next time --

--Troy

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

I will start off saying that I have love both of my Samsung tablets and both will handle about anything you throw at them. I did find an advantage each tablet had over the other, although I am comparing to different series the Note and tab line against each other. With that said lets take a look at each tablet to see how they compare.

Product Features for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

• Processor: Samsung Exynos Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz, Octacore application processor
    • Network: Sprint Spark (Tri-band) and 4G LTE
    • Memory: 32 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory (supports 128GB microSD card)
    • Display: 9.7" 2048x1536(QXGA) Super AMOLED
    • Camera: 8MP rear camera
    • Size: 6.63 inches x 9.33 inches x 0.21 inches
    • Weight: 13.70 oz

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition came out last year and the version I have is Wi-Fi only. that in itself is one of the disadvantages I found when I was reviewing the LG G Pad. When you have a tablet that is on Wi-Fi only you are limited on the things you can do. This is especially true when it comes to gaming on tablets....

Product Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition

• Processor: 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 Quad-Core Processor
    • Network: Wi-Fi only
    • Memory: 32 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory (supports 64GB microSD card)
    • Display: 10.1-inch 2560x1600 WQXGA display with 4 million pixels
    • Camera: 8MP rear camera
    • Size: 9.6 inches, 6.8 inches, 0.3 inches
    • Weight: 1.19 pounds

20151008_175315.jpg

The specs of this tablet are similar memory and camera megapixels, although that is where the similarities end. The Note 2014 has a slightly larger screen, it is almost twice as thick and heavier than the Tab S2. The advantage I did find with the Note 2014 Edition is the S Pen. I have been using the S Pen more with my Note 5 and miss not having it on my Tab S2. That was the only advantage though the Note 2014 Edition has over my Galaxy Tab S2. Neither tablet had any lag with their Samsung processors, although the Tab S2 has a faster processor with a Octa-core vs the Quad-core in the Note 2014.

20151008_180821.jpg

I generally use my tablets for watching movies and that is where the Galaxy Tab S2 really out performs the Note 2014 because of the Super Amoled display. The Tab S2 provides richer colors and able to experience true blacks.... I played the movie Battleship on both tablets and I am able to watch the movie with no problem on both. The difference is in the color... in one outer space scene the the black void had more blue in it on the Note 2014 Edition tablet and the Tab S2 made the stars pop with the black background. I showed the Tab S2 to someone yesterday and played Battleship on it for a demo and they could not get over how crisp the display was....

20151008_175219.jpg

One of the other advantages of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 over my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is that the Tab S2 has LTE network service so I can take it with me and not worry about finding a Wi-Fi location while I am on the road. Plus with it being much lighter in weight makes it easier to carry around than the Note 2014.

Check back next week and I will review the case option I selected and the reason I went with this case. Until then, visit a Sprint store and check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 tablet to see what you think about it.

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

Samsung is good at trying new things that either have not been tried before, or to retry a great idea, but was probably ahead of its time back then (whenever that was). Samsung SideSync falls somewhere in that arena. So what is this side sync thingy?

Well, Samsung explains it as:

Using SideSync, you can conveniently share the screen and data between your PC and mobile device. Receive alarms of your phone through PC and use various features of your phone on the computer. Enjoy the smarter and more convenient life with SideSync.

SideSync | Samsung

So you heard it, you can share the screen of your mobile device on another, larger screen such as a PC. What Samsung may not have mentioned in that brief blurb on their site is that you can also use SideSync to share your screen between Samsung devices, such as your Samsung Note 5 and your Samsung Tab S2!

So screen sharing is pretty cool, but why would you do that? Or what real benefit would it offer in terms of productivity or otherwise? Lets discuss...

So you are wanting to watch a movie on this amazingly thin tablet but are expecting some important email from work (don't do this at work), but don't want to miss it. Also you don't have your work email setup on your tablet. Well, you install SideSync on both of your Samsung devices and sync your Note 5 (or similar Samsung device) with your Tab S2 and monitor the home screen of your phone directly on your tablet (see below):

Screenshot_2015-10-22-14-06-31.png

Isn't that awesome? You can not only monitor your home screen, you can also read and respond to your emails, directly from your tablet, without lifting your phone. But wait, I am watching a movie, and I don't want this huge window in the middle of the screen, that defeats the purpose of having a big screen in the palm of your hand! Well, just minimize it. There are 2 ways, check em out:

Screenshot_2015-10-22-14-08-04.png

Screenshot_2015-10-22-14-08-12.png

Alerts will still show up and you will stay informed. What else can you do with this sucker? Well lets explore. Besides notifications, you can also share files like you would on your PC with a USB drive. Drag and drop items as you see fit, and you are set. What else? Well we are sharing our screen, so who says you just have to watch it. Interact, work on it if you have to. This is a great tool if you have to present something from your phone/tablet to a PC connected to a projector.

As you can see, SideSync is a great productivity tool for both work and play!

A little tech speak. SideSync uses WiFi Direct (using WiFi between 2 devices directly) or with a PC you can also use a USB cord to tether directly with the device of choice.

So giddy up, get your SideSync on!

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Power to do it all.PNG

(photo courtesy of Samsung.com)

The Galaxy Tab S2 has been my primary tablet for the last few weeks and at first I was really thinking that I wouldn't be able to give up my iPad.

Boy was I wrong, This tablet is super fast, extremely light, & the screen is amazing. I use it for everything now and I've noticed that since I've been using it

when people ask me about it, it literally sells itself. I was using it the other day and someone commented "Wow that screen is really clear" I took a few mins to show

them the tablet and let them navigate around. At that point, they were hooked!

Aside from that instance, I am finding that everyone asks about the camera and if it's any good. My only response is to show them some of the photos I've taken with it and let them

see for themselves. (I have more examples of photos in my other bog, here is the link)

Android.jpg

Flowers.jpg

In addition to the overall functionality of the tablet it's a lot of fun to watch movies or play games on! Check out one of our other PA's (Chris Jenista) blogs on it being his "info-tainment" device!

This has been one of my most favorite devices to get to test and I'm finding more and more that just allowing people to get some hands on time with it, is almost a guaranteed sale!

If you are on the fence about picking up a tablet make sure you check this guy out. You won't be sorry.

0 Comments

Front.jpgBack.jpg

In the past the Android tablets that I have used have been around the 7” or 8” variety with mid-range specs. These have been great for portability and use around the house. My new Galaxy Tab S2 is 9.7” and has some of the best specs available for tablets on the market. I have been having a great time using the device and exploring what the powerful tablet really has to offer.

Looking at the tablet itself, Samsung has come up with a beautiful device. The look of it is very classy and high-end, and the feel of the tablet does not disappoint. You really have to hold one of these devices to get a feel for how thin it really is. It is crazy how technology has advanced so much that you can have a large tablet come in such a small package that makes it easy to use on the go. The screen itself is the best screen I have seen on any electronic device I have owned. It is big and beautiful. The Super AMOLED screen allows the colors to be bright and colorful. Surfing web pages and watching movies are awesome!!

The Galaxy Tab S2 has a 1.9GHz + 1.3GHz Octa Core Processor which makes the device FAST! I have been playing games non-stop and there has not been any sign of lag. PowPingPong has been my game of choice and the color and speed of the game really showcase what the Tab S2 can do. I also have been watching the Dish Anywhere app which looks great on the large screen.

The Galaxy Tab S2 teamed up with the Sprint LTE network makes portability easy. There is no need to find a WiFi market when you are traveling because the Tab S2 connects to the super-fast Sprint LTE network. When you think of a tablet, portability has to be on the top of your list. Most people have a laptop or desktop to use at the house, so the tablet is an extension of that which you can use on the go.

Over the next few weeks I will be writing about different experiences with the Galaxy Tab S2. Look back to this space for updates and tips and tricks. If you have the chance to go to your local Sprint store you should check out Samsung’s awesome new tablet.

0 Comments

The first feature that I loved about the device was the screen.  Once I turned on the device for the first time it was like hearing a choir in my head singing "Hallelujah Hallelujah" and a light from the heavens shinning down on this tablet.  The colors on the screen really come out when you have the brightness turned all the way up.

Another great feature of this tablet is that it comes with Microsoft Office for free.  I have used Word and Excel and I loved it.  This would be great for anyone that travels a lot for business or someone in school.  To really get full use of Microsoft Office I would suggest getting a keyboard case for this tablet.  I wrote a blog last week about a keyboard case that I got for my Galaxy Tab S2 from Amazon.  It was so much easier to use Microsoft Office with a keyboard.

A final great feature of this tablet was the speed.  This tablet comes with an octa-core processor which makes this tablet very fast.  I have used this tablet for several weeks and I have not once noticed any type of lag.  I tried doing everything I could think of to really push the performance of the Galaxy Tab S2 and the processor worked flawlessly.

I would HIGHLY recommend this tablet to anyone

0 Comments

I have been using the Galaxy Tab S2 for several weeks now and I really have not been able to fine a single bad thing.  The best feature of this table tis that it comes with free Microsoft Office.  I could really see this feature mainly used for business men/women or students.

Microsoft Word

I have been using Microsoft Word on this device almost every day.  All my blogs that I have written for this device I have done so using Microsoft Word on the Galaxy Tab S2.  It is extremely similar to Word 2013 on a PC.  Once you open a new page you can choose from several pre-installed templates such as making a list, blank document, or making a brochure.  It also will save your previous work so that you can open it anytime.  It does take a little while to get used to using this app on a tablet, especially if you don't have a keyboard.

Microsoft Excel

I use Excel every day at work but Sprint only has Office 2010.  I have Office 2013 on my personal computer but I have never really used Excel on my personal computer.  I did use Excel on the Galaxy Tab S2 just to try it out.  Once you open the app if provides you with pre-installed templates that you can choose from.  I chose a personal budget template and I loved it.  All I really had to doe was input my finance and bill information and the template did all the calculations for me.

Microsoft PowerPoint

I only tried our PowerPoint once but I found that it was so much easier to use on a tablet than my own PC.

All in all, I highly recommend this device for anyone needing a business tablet.  If you are always on the go for work or travel a lot, this device would be perfect for you because you get Microsoft Office for free.

0 Comments

I recently had the great pleasure to take the Galaxy Tab 2S tablet on a road trip vacation. Being new to tablet ownership, I was curious to see how the device with LTE connection would add to our experience.

This was a true road trip with 8 hours on the road to get to our destination. The trip was also extra special with my wife and me enjoying our first vacation as empty nesters and in celebration of our 20 year wedding anniversary.

Having the tablet along for the ride was amazing and for sure value added to help “elevate my downtime”.

The LTE connection through a Sprint data plan made it possible to send and receive work e-mail while on the road. My usual time away from my busy work has added stress thinking of what I am missing and the giant pile of messages that I will need to work through on the dreaded day re-connected.

It is important to focus on relaxing and being fully present with the family when away. The data connection in the car made it possible catch up on all my important e-mails during the long drive home. It was an incredible feeling to be mostly caught up as we pulled into the driveway. Sure I could have processed e-mail on my phone but the 9.7’ screen has a great advantage in convenience as well has function.

On the non-work side of things, the big screen combined with access to the cloud through my LTE connection in the car made it super easy download pictures to edit and upload to social media during the drive home.

Another great benefit to the tablet was the opportunity to research spots to eat as well as places to visit while we were at our vacation destination. In the old days, (last month) I would have used a laptop in the hotel room for making reservations and for figuring out things to do. Thanks to the Galaxy Tab S2 I never fired up the laptop even once and instead in just minutes was able to find all that I needed. Tap! Book! Bam and we were ready to head out for more fun.

I have be honest. Up until I had the opportunity to try a tablet device as I am doing now with the Galaxy Tab S2 I really so no need for one. Now just three weeks into it I am for sure eating my words to be full of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 happiness. I am also starting to see more and more the value of also having the table LTE enabled for when there is no wifi to be had as I experienced on the road.

Here is a little road trip pic taken with the Tab S2.

road trip pic.jpg

0 Comments

As some of you may know, I am a big fan of protecting your assets, phones or otherwise. So when I got my Tab S2, I went in on the hunt for a nice case to protect this beast. This tablet is by far the thinnest and toughest tablet in that combination I have ever used, so I felt I needed something interested to protect it.

Recently I had come across with an up an case company called GMYLE that is trying to make a decent name out of their new "Book Case Vintage" Series of wallet cases for devices. It is an interesting concept so I jumped on it. And boy am I glad I did.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0219/3168/products/310049_01_large.jpg?v=1444018384

This case looks and feels just like a book! Well not sure why I doubted that. The case is very sturdy so it gives a nice solid feel and makes you feel that your baby is protected. Cases that offer a landscape stand view generally have clips or anchors on all 4 corners, where you have to snap 2 bottom ones out for the tablet to lean against the bottom part of the case. I usually find that very tedious and painful. NOT in this case. GMYLE chose to have a slide in or sleeve type system where you "slide in" the tablet in the sleeve from the top. That way the tablet is secure and you can move the stand in various angles to view your content. Pretty nifty.

What I also like as an option in general, is the wallet aspect. You can store some credit cards, etc. however, I didn't find much utility in that as I don't carry my tablet everywhere with me. This option is available in their whole series so I am guessing they just let it be. Not bad.

The case is sturdy enough that it can actually stand on its own like a book on a bookshelf. I wouldn't do that, but I guess it just shows the how strong the case and its structure is. The leather (or maybe pleather, I cannot tell) quality is pretty solid. the texture shows enough markings on it to pass for real leather and the stitching is also of decent quality. I guess most people may not care about these things like it was leather seats, but I beg to differ. I like these details and I am really enjoying this case.

To wrap up, I give this guy 2 thumbs up. I would highly recommend anyone who has a tablet, any tablet, to consider this series if they like vitange looks, or just sturdy cases. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

You can find this case HERE

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team