Did you mean: 

2/7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

Highlighted
Wizard

2/7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

Enhancements/Fixes:
- New drivers for LCD supplier
- QIK software update to 0.04.77 (will overlay existing version)
- Exchange email fixes

Important Notes:
- Software version is: Baseband SSmiley Tongue100.08 S.EA24, Build SPH-P100.EA24
- Download and install time is approximately 5 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

Update:  The rollout schedule has been changed to 5 days.  All devices will have 

received the update by the evening of Friday, 2/11.   

Message was edited by: dshoem01

30 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

I have a quesiton regarding the update of the Galaxy Tab, I bought my Tab and do not use on the Sprint Network. It is ran via 4g wifi from my EVO, so how do i go about updating if i am not connected to the network??? Lets see how long before i get a response on this one SPRINT??         

Wizard

You should be able to apply the upgrade using the instructions provided in the blog.

Journeyman

I cant update since currently this it (OTA) and since i dont not have service on the tablet and it is used via WIFI tether from Evo I will require a download link for the update, I believe that is the only way i can update.    

Wizard

As long as you have internet connectivity on the tab, you should be able to apply the upgrade.  The upgrade is pushed from Google's servers.  You may need to download an app from the Android market (free one) to ensure Google has your device information.

Journeyman

What app is it that I will need to download to device from market??? Thank you so much for your prompt responses!!    

Wizard

Any of the free apps.  You can look at them online here: http://market.android.com/

Make sure you sign into your Google account.

Journeyman

Does the following statement apply for manual firmware updates as well?

"Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days"

My Sambung Galaxy Tab does not show an available Firmware or Android update being available.

Message was edited by: raymondrewalker

Journeyman

I have plenty of Free Apps. I thought u where saying there is a specific APPLICATION i need in the Market. I checked and Google has my Evo and Tablet showing up. Still no luck with this so called OTA updated. AS I Stated each time i go and following the instructions, my wifi is disconnected and it fails to update.     

Journeyman

Yo have service on your tab or connect with Wifi??? I am having the same trouble with this update.