cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 2/7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EA24

Dshoem01, YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you for answering all my question and clearly making it undestable this entire update process.  As I now undertstand I will wait the 4 days before complaining. I didnt understand that section, so hopefully I will be update via GOOGLE pushing out within the 4-days.  If not I will be back with more questions. Thanks Again!

Highlighted
Wizard

You're welcome...glad I could help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So let me get this straight...  The Galaxy Tab gets a Maintenance Release for its version of 2.2, but Epic users can't get an MR to fix the numerous problems with 2.1 - let alone 2.2?

Is that correct?  Have I missed something here?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dshoem01 thank you once again, I was wandering if you had any information or if you confirm if Android 3.0 will be compatible on the Galaxy Tab?

Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry, I don't have any info on that.  I suspect you could google it and see if the device is compatible with 3.0 though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While we're in here, any info on why VPN connectivity either through the built in Android OS VPN client or any 3rd party VPN cliens do NOT work on this device?

It's funny because the same VPN connectivity works just fine with my EVO Shift and both devices are (for all intents and purpouses) running the same OS (Android 2.2)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the OTA update be pushed again? Keeps saying I don't have an update due.  (OTA tried to push while GT was on wifi, didn't take).

Love my GT, use it more than laptops anymore...but what a waste of front facing cam on Sprint!

~HoosierDiva

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes it (OTA) will try again. Don't know how much time Google servers take to make a second pass, but I am sure they will. If you don't see that happening in the next 2-3 days let us know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update killed my auto rotation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any work on how to fix this? I took it back and recieved another one that the rotation was fine.  The Sprint rep and I installed the update and then no auto rotation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recieved the update on Friday.  I saw it download and reboot my tablet.  Once it had started I went into the "About My Tab" section of the settings and I still saw the old baseband and build (S:P100.08 S.DJ29 and SPH-P100..DJ30).  I waited a few days to see if it would update again but I haven't seen anything.  Am I correct in thinking that baseband and build should now read S:P100.08 S.EA24 and SPH-P100.EA24?  If so, what do I need to do to get the update?

Highlighted
Wizard

We have not come across this happen to any other units. Could you check to see if the Orientation Lock has been turned ON.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat