cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

Journeyman

Re: 7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

4boysforme wrote:

Did you guys that got update over wifi get a notice of the update or did you do it manually.  Still nothing on my non-activated tab.

Mine updated OTA via WiFi - when I got up this morning and turned it on out of sleep mode, there was  a big dialog box in the middle of the screen that said a system update  was available - three buttons "Install Now" Install Later" and I didn't  even look at the third one - just tapped Install Now and it rebooted,  installed (took about 5 minutes) - then you'll get an error message  AFTER the install - I think it's ET trying to phone home via 3G and I  don't have a contract so I just skipped over that.

Journeyman

My Tab is under contract to Sprint and I run it both by 3G and Wi-Fi (mostly by Wi-Fi when I'm at home).  Since someone mentioned that it wouldn't update while in Wi-Fi mode I've been running it on 3G for the past couple of days.  I've been both checking manually and watching out for the automatic update and still nothing here.  They're supposed to have it rolled out to everybody by tomorrow (or so they say), so I'll continue to try to be patient.  So happy for those of you who've already received your update.

Journeyman

I got a popup notification that an update was available.  I have never had a 3G contract on this device.  The notification came via WiFi.  I clicked a button and the system updated. 

Journeyman

Thanks for the info on wifi update. I'll keep trying to be patient. Have you updated guys tried streaming netflix or Hulu?  Was it worth the wait?

Journeyman

4boysforme wrote:

Have you updated guys tried streaming netflix or Hulu?  Was it worth the wait?

I haven't tried either, but Alex said Netflix worked fine - HTH

Master

I havn't tested this myself, but according to Netflix webpage: http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?pdid=587  unfortunately the SGT is not listed as being supported at this time.

The Netflix app runs on these phones:

- Casio G'zOne Commando C771 with Android 2.2

- DROID X by Motorola with Android 2.3

- DROID by Motorola with Android 2.2

- HTC Incredible with Android 2.2

- HTC Nexus One with Android 2.2, 2.3

- HTC G2 with Android 2.2

- HTC Evo 4G with Android 2.2, 2.3

- LG Revolution with Android 2.2

- Samsung Nexus S with Android 2.3

Journeyman

Yes...I am trying to be patient too...always seeem to be the last to get the updates...same thing on my Epic...hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer...

Journeyman

Am I the last one waiting on this update....it is 11:00 pm and no sign of it yet...

Journeyman

Netflix works great, but the official version for the TAB is not yet available for download. However, there's a leaked version, which is the one I'm using. I don't remember where I downloaded it from, but it works great.

If you want it, I'll be happy to email it to you. It's less than 6Mb in size. Send me a private email and I'll email it back to you as an attachment. To install it you will need to download the free AndroZip app from the Market.

After you receive the file from me, you need to put it on the SD Card. Then open it using AndroZip, select Install and voilà: you've got Netflix now!

Let me know.

-Álex.

EDIT: As I understand, the Netflix app works only on TABs with Gingerbread minimum, so you will need to update your TAB to 2.3.4 first.

Message was edited by: alexmaerz

Journeyman

I am still waiting for the update too.

Journeyman

AKENNEDY723, no, you're not the only one. It's 12:38am on Saturday here and still no sign of the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got mine...turn off your Tab and let it sit a minute or two...then re-boot...then it should show up in about 15 minutes after that....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat