cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad it helped. I had the same issue with tech support, and I figured this out by trial and error.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone received the update to EF17 yet? Did Sprint really throw the switch today?

Highlighted
Journeyman

sbiller1, I've had my Tab on all day and have been periodically manually checking for the update.  Nothing has shown up on my device, either by manual check or automatic updating.  I'm rather disappointed, but I have read that the update will be rolled out over a period of four days, so I'm hoping that we all will be up and running on the new version by this weekend. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, there!

I also have a monthly 3G plan with Sprint, but currently I might find myself in the same boat as those who don't have a wireless plan, as I'm currently abroad in Brazil and I won't be back in the States until August 2.  Does anyone know if it's possible at all to get Gingerbread over wi-fi? Will Sprint allow those of us who don't have or are currently unable to use the wireless service to download the update through a means other than OTA?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Álex.

PS: Has anyone been able to obtain the update yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once again making updates difficult to potentially impossible for people who want to use the device as WiFi only.  I guess I'll ultimately end up rooting mine since Sprint isn't supporting me anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For those of you on wifi only, I have your solution. I just installed the update.zip via recovery mode of the tab using the file on page 14 (post 138) of this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1148447&page=14

Just mount your tab, rename the file to update.zip, copy the update.zip file to the top level directory of your tab. Power off your tab. Boot into recovery by holding down volume up and power button until Samsung logo appears. Select apply sdcard:update.zip. After about 5 minutes I'm not running GB 2.3.4!!!

IMG_0151.JPG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks but the file has been pulled.  Guess I'll keep searching or root.  Root frankly seems the better route overall considering how Sprint continually handles non-contract Tabs.  It is really a shame since THEY are the ones that gave the option of not having service.  Lesson learned I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, sbiller1!

I was able to download the update file from the location you mentioned and follow all the steps.

I am still waiting to see what happens. After I booted the device into recovery and selected to apply the renamed update.zip file, the screen shows a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, next to the green android icon. It's been like that for about one hour now. I hope this is normal!

EDCATLETTNEW1, I still  have the downloaded update file in my possession; it's about 65MB. If you suggest a way for me to send it to you, I'd be happy to do so.

I'll update you guys on my results (hopefully) soon.

-Álex.

Highlighted
Journeyman

alexmaerz wrote:

I am still waiting to see what happens. After I booted the device into recovery and selected to apply the renamed update.zip file, the screen shows a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, next to the green android icon. It's been like that for about one hour now. I hope this is normal!

That's not normal. It should get applied immediately. Were you at EB28 prior to the update? Read the thread over at XDA. There are some suggestions to get back to a stock EA24. I'm guessing you need to be at EB28 prior to the update and your tab may not have been there. You may be back to square one since I'm not aware of any way to get to EB28 except an OTA update that required 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, I was on EA28 prior to the update. I checked it right before doing anything to the system.

I'll read around to see what might have happened and I'll get back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just download the file, changed the name to update.zip and installed. Upgraded now to Gingerbread 2.3.4 but no video in Gtalk like on my Evo but NBD! Nice and smooth and faster! Good luck to everyone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Galaxy tab for awhile now and i have a plan with it, but it doesnt find the update and i dont know what wrong with

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat