cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried that, but I think that's only overnight. It doesn't seem that the updates have been going out during the day. I just didnt know since they said over the next 4 days, if they will keep coming or not since the 4 days are done.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is out there and will come back to you...maybe tonight but it is still out there for you...same thing happened on my husbands EVO and when I went to retrieve it for him a few days after he told me he thought there was an update he missed...I was able to get it by powering down and letting it sit for a while and then starting it back up...all is not lost...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep waiting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As my friend helps me relax when I get tense about this stuff and I do...a few deep breaths and it will be okay...I know it will come back around to you...as long as you are not updated...it will know to try again...just power down every once in awhile and check...maybe later tonight when the airways are not so busy...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I am the only one that thinks this but I am not at all happy with the update.  It updated just fine but now I can not charge my Tab at all while it is turned on.  I have to turn it completely off to charge it.  Last night I had it plugged into a wall charger for 8 hours and it didn't charge.  I don't care what the update does for battery consumption.  If I can't charge while using it that is too big a negative to overcome by marginal battery longevity gains.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is charging while on as we speak...it was a little slow to show it was charging but it has charged 20% in the last half hour and it is progressing as I would expect it to now...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine charges too while on and plugged into USB - albeit slow - and despite the red X in the battery icon. I'm not even sure where my wall charger is - have never used it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was rooted and the OTA update wouldn't install for me.  So if anyone is needing the update manually there is a great Tut a thttp://droidangel.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-root-sprint-samsung-galaxy-tab.html.  Anyway, which Netflix apk do you have?  Mine is the mod one and works, but always tells me there is an updated version.  Does yours do that? Also, has anyone ever gotten Hulu to work?  There looks to be a new apk for flash for the 10.1 and I didn't know if that one would work for us too.  Anybody know?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

First post by a confused noobie...

This Sprint-tab was a gift from an associate - it's never been on  Sprint and was used solely to learn Android. I'd like to use it for  very portable cloud computing, and as a hot spot to which my laptop can  tether, but need help.

The unit shows the following:

Model: SPH-P100

Hardware: P100.08

Firmware: 2.3.4

Build: Gingerbread EF17

I have a Motorola BT keyboard that won't properly  pair, and the Sprint/HID info here seems ambiguous. Is it hopeless or is there a  work-around? Rooting would be fine with me if that's the only way to go, but then I'll appreciate a pointer to a good rooting tutorial.

THANKS!

ng

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/05 - Samsung Galaxy Tab Maintenance Release - EF17

Don't think you need to root your device...just find the correct keyboard that will talk to your device...I had a Bluetooth ear piece and it would talk to my Epic but not to my Tab...a friend searched and found the proprer BlueTooth that would work with both devices..

They do not give very good information when purchasing these Bluetooth Devices...you have to go to their websites for the information needed to make a decision...

Highlighted
Journeyman

You really should have started a new thread for this.

But while I'm here - the pairing issue is just one of matching protocols. I have no idea what protocols that Moto keyboard supports, but the Moto website is very good about those kind of details.

these are the profiles supported by     the Tab

Supported Profiles:

A2DP:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

AVRCP:

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile

DUN:

Dial-up networking Profile

FTP:

File Transfer Profile

OPP:

Object Push Profile

PBAP:

Phone Book Access Profile

You just want to make sure that Moto keyboard supports one of these profiles.

Not much help I know, but should get you on the right track.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any good news about the red x and charging.

Mine charges, VERY slow, either using USB or the wall.

It is the original wall charger.

It used to be FAST, but not since the EF 17 update.

Red x started today.

Of course, I can power down and charge that way, a bit faster.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat