cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab Gallery Problem

Journeyman

There seems to be a significant issue with the Galaxy Tab's Gallery app. I was hoping the latest (EB28) update would fix it, but the issue still stands. It appears that Gallery continuously polls a sensor of some sort (accelerometer?) after the first time it is opened. The only recourse is to reboot the Tab and try not to open it. If it is opened, it completely wipes out the battery within a matter of hours. I have a method that I know will fix it, but it's rather drastic. I was wondering if anyone here knows of the issue and if there are any easier solutions to fix it.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Tab Gallery Problem

I find it surprising considering how consistent my results have been with this problem that nobody has experienced this. It's still the single biggest problem I've had with the Tab. A problem that is easily fixed by rooting and removing the gallery app completely.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello powermatt, not sure if you had considered this but with android default configuration if you press the House button it returns to the main screen and most apps are thrown into the background still running, had you tried pressing back arrow several times to exit the gallery app?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat