cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab Introduction Disappointment

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Tab Introduction Disappointment

I was really excited about this pad so I could buy it and was thrilled when Bestbuy told me 299.99.   So I come home and look it up on sprint just to find out that it will be 599 !   Well Apple nees the business and sprint is so nice in driving its customers there ! Sprint cares nothing for the customers they have and havent for the last 5 yrs,  Sprint says they are all about customer service yet they never prove it and this is just another example of how they are just after money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the same price you can get a 32 GB Wi-Fi iPad.

So, Larger Screen.  Already compatible with all my iPod apps and iTunes library of music...

Why would Sprint price this device right out of thier own market.

At the minimum I would want the Galaxy if I could add one to my family share plan of unlimited data for the 10 per month to add a new line, but NOOOOOO Sprint wants 30 bucks a month for 2GB a month...Really?

NO thanks, think I'll pass on this one and buy an iPad off contract.

Journeyman

What a waste.... I was going to jump on the bandwagon, but instead for the price I will just get an ipad 16gb to use wifi.

Damn you Sprint! Hell no I'm not going to pay extra for a 2gb 3g connection..

very disappointed...

Journeyman

While a disappointment to some, others will tend to flock to the new Galaxy Tab for the simple fact that not everyone needs or wants to own a smartphone equipped with the latest touchscreen technology. I say if you're in the market and on the fence, take another look at Samsung's pint sized tablet. The Galaxy Tab rivals the competition by incorporating Google's Android Platform which is fully functional with WiFi, no service plan needed. Add in other features like Bluetooth, Swype, the latest Adobe Flash, preinstalled 16GB microSD card and let's not forget the front and rear facing cameras fully capable of producing video chat. My iPad doesn't seem to compare.

Journeyman

Really about the smartphone...??? Seriously if you don't own an EVO or one of the Android equip'd HTC's by now; you are missing out BIG TIME..better re-think that.

Yes "pint sized", "no service plan needed", "16gb" with wifi, for cha-ching $599....  when everyone can get the competition with 32gb for $450, wifi, no plan needed.

I agree about the Adobe Flash thing which takes along time to load on wifi which the competition doesn't have, that's why websites are quickly churning out HTML 5 formatted wedsites.

I do like the fact about the expandable microSD slot, but really this was their chance to outshine the competition. Why did they put such low-end front and rear facing cameras like 1.x megapix is a joke. Come on.. HD would be nice.

If Sprint works out a better plan for its loyal customers I will jump on the band wagon, but for now guess I'll have to look at the "32gb" $450 for now.

Journeyman

If the powers that be would have petitioned the commoners of use then this would be a totally different discussion. That being said, there is still a broad range of appeal for such a gadget within its current state, however at this point it seems the Galaxy Tab is not for all of us. Disappointing in many ways so you are right on the count that this is a product that could have been a zinger but instead it seems to be just a mere building block toward the company's future. I agree they held back, give the techies what they want didn't seem to be first priority at the round table. Evolution may eventually take the Galaxy Tab where we want to go but it is hard for those of us that have already evolved.

Journeyman

To update this thread, I just purchased a Tab from sprint online for $199, w/ 2gb. data plan.  I love the Tab, especially the 7" size vs the iPad.  So much easier to handle, and lighter weight.  $199 is a very good price point, I think, and that is what made me go ahead and grab one.

Jive

Journeyman

I picked up one from Sprint today with the 2gb data plan.  So far I really like it, even tho I do feel for the $59.99 plan they should offer unlimted data also.  With the $29.99 I think 3gb would be better, but I plan on mainly using WiFi while at home and girlfriends house.  I did noticed when I was first setting it up it asked if I wanted to use 3G/WiFi or WiFi only.  But I agree $199 is a great price point for the Tab.

Journeyman

I also think the galaxy tab is a great buy i got mine for $149 which made it even better but with all the new stuff coming out i know why they give it to me for that price. Wish samsung would upgrade this with the new software and that would make it great. I find out that with only 2gb of sevice that I'll be watching the clock for overages. all and all i still think it's better then the ipad that has no flash wow!!!!

Journeyman

I just got my tab- I hate it so far--- there is very little support for this thing on line.  Maybe I just got a lemon- it will not take the google e-mail /password that I have--- without google you go no where with this thing.  I was told that it would do everything that the Balckberry does-- try just geting on line---- that would be a start !!! The one rep that I talked to  was reading from a book- Igot the d---    book I called because the book was not working-- Sprint---- You all need some techs who use this device  and know it. I have 29 days left---this is the worst experience that I have had since the "wonderful tech" in Lee's Summit dropped his drink on my palm and fried it !!!!.

moggs

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.