cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honeycomb battery charging problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honeycomb battery charging problems

I haven't heard that anybody else is having this problem so I am posting it.

Since I received the push update to Honeycomb my tablet absolutely will not charge unless it is completely turned off.  The battery indicator gives me a red X over top of the battery.  This is true for 2 different wall chargers as well as plugged into my computer.  To test it further I left the Tab turned on overnight while charging.  When I woke up and checked it had gone from 30% charge to only 50%.  I have ALWAYS been able to charge while using the Tab before but now it won't even charge over an 8 hour period while turned on.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Honeycomb battery charging problems

If you are talking about the Samsung Galaxy Tab update to Gingerbread, here is a thread that talks about the issue which you described.  Some people are having that problem and some people aren't...I don't see anything official about this problem, but I hope my personal Galaxy Tab doesn't act like yours...I always use it while charging and this will definitely be a problem.  I know no one likes to hard reset their device and lose customization, however I would try it to see if it will then charge being used...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/308762#308762

If you still have trouble after a hard reset, I recommend calling Samsung...They will send you a free return lable and you will have your device back within 7-10 days if they say they can fix this problem and if your tab is < 1 year old (which it most surely is) - their number is:  1.800.726.7864

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat