cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: GPS on the GEAR S

Wizard

HERE.PNG

One of my favorite new features on the GEAR S is the built in GPS. What really stands out with it is the ability to use it without your device. There are two ways to use it as a standalone GPS, One is to have the device activated on your account and the other is to download offline Maps via wifi.One thing that I really like is that the Gear S will vibrate when you are supposed to turn, so if you are walking and talking with a crowd in an unfamiliar place you'll get a physical notification of when to make your next turn. I really like this feature and looking forward to trying it out. Next week we will be in the Florida Keys for vacation and will be fun to put this to the test for locations that we aren't familiar with.

Lastly you can still use the Here GPS app while tethered to your device, Once you download the HERE app select pedestrian and enter your destination in and when it comes up you'll have the ability to "Send to Gear"

Send to Gear.png

Overall I really like having this feature in a smart watch and look forward to using it, a lot!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”