cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Fit Does More Than Just Fitness

Journeyman

GearFitBlk_600x600_xlarge_wd.jpg

Samsung's Gear Fit helps it's users track their steps, heart rate and sleep activity.  IN addition, the accessory also brings your notifications straight to your wrist via Bluetooth.  It's light and comfortable to wear and has an amazing touch screen.  These are all features that you're likely to hear about via ads and product reviews, however There are some lesser advertised features that can really enhance the user experience as well.  Here are three of them...

Find My Device

We take our smartphones everywhere these days and sometimes we just forget where we left them last.  If you lose your device around the house, the Find my device feature will come in handy.  Simply find the feature by swiping through the menu options then select Find My Device, then select the green magnifying glass and your Galaxy device will start ringing so that you can find it.  It's that easy.

GearFit_findmydevice.jpg

Media Controller

Many people prefer to listen to music while jogging.  Even if you've created the ultimate playlist, there are times when you may need to skip a track or maybe you enjoyed a track so much that you want to hear it again.  Media Controller allows you to play/pause, skip forward or go back to the previous track...all from your wrist.  I've used it with Spotify, Google Play Music, Milk Music and the stock Music player and it works flawlessly.

GearFit_mediacontroller2.jpg

Auto unlock

If you're someone that wants/needs to have your device secured from unwanted eyes, setting up a password or pattern unlock is the best way to do so. While a password may be the most practical solution, it can get a little annoying having to enter it over and over again each time you want to use your device.  The Gear Fit pairs wirelessly with your Galaxy device and as long as you're within Bluetooth range you don't need to enter a password or pattern to unlock your device.  All you need to do is enable the feature via the Gear Fit Manager settings.

Screenshot_2014-06-06-10-07-01.png

Until next time,

Dre

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee