Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me - Confused GEAR S

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Help Me - Confused GEAR S

Hello - I just ordered the Gear s...my sprint phone has an unlimited everything plan and the gear s has another plan (9.99 plan). My questions are:

1. If my phone is connected to the watch does the calls or text that come to watch from the phone use up the minutes from the watch?

2. Do I have to keep my phone with me in order to receive the calls and texts from to phone to watch?

3. Can I listen to Pandora from the watch or is there music app or something I can listen to while working out if I don't have my phone?

Thank you for all your help - I am just trying to see if it is worth it. I want to have when I work out but I also can't miss calls or text while at gym. To me it would make more since if Sprint would allow both devices share the same number and use the same plan information even if they add extra fee.

Thanks again for any answers or help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Help Me - Confused GEAR S

Sorry for the late reply,

With the plan, you have your own number for the watch and the calls will come there 2 ways:

1) if the ppl calling you, call the gear's number, or

2) if you forward calls to your gear from your phone (if you out running or at he gym and leave the phone home or at the locker lol).

Your watch will use the minutes overtime you receive a call (no matter if it is forwarded or straight through to your phone).

If you want to save minutes or data, you can always use the watch via BT connection to your phone. I have purchased mine from a different carrier and use it with my Sprint phone.

There are a wide range of apps and faces you can download from the gear app for your watch, I just did a quick search and pandora is not an app for the gear S.

I think the Gear S will be great for you, I love it and I hated it when I was using a different phone for a while and I was not able to use my gear S.

For your main reason, YES you will be able to always receive your phone and txt while working out since you can forward the calls to the gear from the phone.

If you have more questions, please just let me know.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

1. No.

2. Yes, as longer as you have it set to forward to the Gear S.

3. Most apps can only function when the Gear S is connected to the Phone.

I hope this helps. If not, go to You Tube and search for Gear S Review.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Correct for question 2... I meant no as long as calls/texts are forwarded to the Gear S.

Highlighted
Master

Sorry for the late reply,

With the plan, you have your own number for the watch and the calls will come there 2 ways:

1) if the ppl calling you, call the gear's number, or

2) if you forward calls to your gear from your phone (if you out running or at he gym and leave the phone home or at the locker lol).

Your watch will use the minutes overtime you receive a call (no matter if it is forwarded or straight through to your phone).

If you want to save minutes or data, you can always use the watch via BT connection to your phone. I have purchased mine from a different carrier and use it with my Sprint phone.

There are a wide range of apps and faces you can download from the gear app for your watch, I just did a quick search and pandora is not an app for the gear S.

I think the Gear S will be great for you, I love it and I hated it when I was using a different phone for a while and I was not able to use my gear S.

For your main reason, YES you will be able to always receive your phone and txt while working out since you can forward the calls to the gear from the phone.

If you have more questions, please just let me know.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat