cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassador: Tip on charging Galaxy Gear when it will not charge

Sprint Product Ambassador

samsung-galaxy-gear.png

Last week I received a black Samsung Galaxy Gear from our Product Ambassador team. The Samsung Galaxy Gear comes with a charging cradle, charger and manual in the box. I found out that my USB cable from my Samsung Galaxy S4 will come in handy....

image_5805.jpg

My Galaxy Gear would not charge using the regular AC charger. I tried several plugins and I received one pop-up of the battery showing 0% charge and then died again..... like others I could not find anything in my manual how to resolve my Galaxy Gear not charging.

USB.JPG

I then went online and searched Google and found others reporting the same with their Galaxy Gear if the battery ran down to 0%. Then I found a something to try... Charge my Galaxy Gear back up with my laptop and use of USB cable from my Samsung Galaxy S4. I plugged my USB cable into my cradle and laptop and eventually my Galaxy Gear started charging again.

I did not think about using this before as I had to bring one of my phones back this way too.... Share this information with others that have an issue with their Galaxy Gear not charging with their charger.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee