cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassador: Tizen OS Software Update available for Samsung Galaxy Gear!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Capture.JPG

Samsung recently announced a OS software update for the Galaxy Gear. This update requires the person performing the update to connect their Galaxy Gear to a computer with the use of Kies 3.0. I performed the software update to see how my Galaxy Gear will work and operate after the upgrade....

1.JPG

After I updated my Kies to 3.0, I placed my Galaxy Gear in my charging cradle and connected my Galaxy Gear to my computer using my USB cable from my Samsung Galaxy S5. Soon as I plugged my Galaxy Gear in, Kies told me I had a Software Update available. All I had to do next is click through the steps on the screen and the update was very easy...

Update 2.JPGUpdate 3.JPG

Once the update is complete you will receive the screen below and you can then unhook your Galaxy Gear and check out the new options and looks of your Galaxy Gear with Tizen.

Update 5.JPG

I have been enjoying my Galaxy Gear with Tizen for several days now. Now, my Galaxy Gear is similar to my Gear Fit. The advantage of Galaxy Gear over the Gear Fit with Tizen is the ability to make and receive phone calls and take pictures...

Gear faces.JPG

Few of the new Galaxy Gear clock options with Tizen

For complete instructions and support on how to update Galaxy Gear to Tizen, check out Samsungs website here Updating the Software on my Samsung Galaxy Gear™ : Galaxy Gear | Samsung

Thanks for checking out my blog on Samsung Galaxy Gear Tizen update!

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee