cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S will have own Plan on Sprint

Journeyman

Samsung Gear S will have own Plan on Sprint

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/gear-s-info-1.jpg

the Samsung Gear S will have a special plan on Sprint, and likely any other carrier it heads to once it launches.

As such, you’ll need a plan to tie it to and you have one of two options for achieving that:

• a special $10 per month “connected device” plan that gives you 1,000 minutes, 1,000 messages and 100MB of data
  • a $10 add-on to a Family Share Pack plan that shares data, minutes and messages with all other devices

The leaked document was also careful to note that the Gear S won’t pull from its own allotment of text, minutes and data while in Bluetooth mode and paired with a smartphone as everything would be going through the smartphone’s line at that point. Sounds par for the course for a standalone smart watch so all we need is an actual arrival date!!

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung Gear S will have own Plan on Sprint

hypnotic2010, Thanks for posting. Remember if there's anything else that we can assist you with, please let us know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a release date? Or an approximate time like Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Highlighted
Master

BrandonDozier, Thank you for posting. We do not have that information available at this time. Check out Sprint.com/newsroom for continuous updates. If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The release date has been confirmed for November 7th!!!

Sprint will offer it for $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $16 ($384 excluding taxes). There is also a $10 monthly charge when adding it to the Sprint Family Share Pack. However, they will waive the fee if it’s added to any plan of 20 GB or more.

If this is true I WONT be getting this!!!!

$384 is WAYYYYY overpriced for this watch!

Highlighted
Master

hypnotic2010,

I know how it feels when the information about something that has been anticipated is not quite what you want. You can always stay tuned here www.sprint.com\newsroom for further information.

*Jazmine
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting the run around about my fear s. I want to connect my smartwatch and I'm being told that there's no sim card available for this watch. This is becoming annoying. Please advise
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey there! The Sprint version of the Galaxy Gear S doesn't use SIM cards. Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Those sprint have a stand alone smart watches or not? I called them and there are saying no! The phone has to be with you!  Is the S3 frontier stand alone on sprint 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat