cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Galaxy Gear World Cup Edition

Journeyman

In another blog post recently, I made mention of the World Cup, and being able to watch the games on my handsets.

While I expected my handsets to serve me well for the tournament, the Galaxy Gear has surprisingly been the PERFECT World Cup companion. The notifications for game times, twitter notifications, scores and breaking news have been keeping me up to date while I’m at work. I’ve been able to see all of the games so far, but on more than one occasion the watch has buzzed me that a game was starting, allowing me to open the correct app on my device in time for kick off. I’ve also used the watch-styler app to create custom watch faces showing my support for the US national team! It’s a great feeling when you are sitting with a group of supporters and someone catches a glimpse of your USA watchface

The best part of having the watch during the tournament, is it keeps me informed even when my phone is showing the game. When an email or text comes through, I can see who it’s from and decide whether or not I need to interrupt the game on my phone, or wait until halftime to respond. So far no one’s communication has been important enough for me to stop watching the game! USA USA USA!!!

Thanks for reading! For more information please visit: Samsung Gear

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.