cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Just the right Fit

Sprint Product Ambassador

gear-fit-compare.jpg

image credit: samsung.com

Last year I was fortunate enough to be an ambassador for the Samsung Galaxy Gear smart wearable watch. This year, fortune has fallen upon me one more time and I get to be an ambassador for the Samsung GearFit fitness band. Having had and worn both I feel like the Gear Fit is just the right Fit for me.

I get a lot of questions about my Gear Fit:

• Does it make calls? (No)
  • Does it take pictures? (No...)
  • Can I voice-dictate replies to text messages? (No!)
  • Then what DOES it do??

It does just enough without doing too much. It's just the right 'Fit' of form and features for me. The features I really cherish most are the Pedometer (especially the Goal badges), customization and notifications.

When I wore my GalaxyGear I got all the same features plus more. I found that I wasn't taking a lot of pictures with the embedded camera...except in a pinch. I wasn't 'taking' calls from my wrist...except in a pinch. I wasn't using S Voice to reply to text messages...except in a pinch. About 99% of the time I was using my Galaxy Gear to decide if I wanted to pick up my smartphone. Which is exactly what my Gear Fit does best.

I can configure my Gear Fit to get notifications when I get a text, email, social network, Gmail and whole host of other notifications. Then I can decide which alerts are worthy of lighting up the screen on my smartphone and which are not.

app-noti.png

image credit: thetechieguy.com

I can open a notification and read the first few lines, which is enough info to help me decide if I need to act now or wait for later. This makes for battery saving on my smartphone since I'm not lighting up the HD screen as often.

gmail-notify.jpg

image credit: gigaom.com

I can get notification of incoming calls and texts and use my Gear Fit to reject or reply with a text message.

call-noti.jpg

image credit: gizmodo.com.au

The Fit comes with pre-defined text replies. Plus you can edit or create new reply messages of your own.

reply-template.jpg

image credit: wsj.com

I am getting significant battery savings on my smartphone because many text alerts that I receive are sports scores of my favorite teams. No need to light up my Galaxy S5 when I get the score right on my wrist no matter what I'm doing.

The Gear Fit comes with a 210 mAh battery, compared to the Galaxy Gear's 310 mAh battery. However, with no camera, mic or more complex features, you can expect to get the same battery performance as the original Gear with 3-4 days of normal use and up to 5 days with light use.

My favorite feature of the Gear Fit compared to the Galaxy Gear is the size and weight. It's the perfect 'Fit' for me. The Galaxy Gear weighs in at 2.60 oz. The Gear Fit weighs less than an ounce (0.95 oz)! That's almost 1/3 the weight of the Galaxy Gear. It's SUPER light.

If you feel like you want or need more functionality from a smart wearable Samsung has you covered with the Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear 2 Neo. Check them out at www.sprint.com/accessories.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee