cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Having a Fit over straps

Sprint Product Ambassador

FitBandsSamsung.jpg

image credit: Samsung.com

I will admit I'm having a fit over the Fit.

It's not the Gear Fit that disappoints. It's the lack of promised Fit bands that is giving me fits. The Gear Fit, along with the Galaxy Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, launched on April 11. It's now six weeks later and still no accessory bands, as promised (and still promoted on Samsung's website).

I had an original Galaxy Gear from last year. I loved it. Customers loved. Tech enthusiasts loved it. Except for the band. It was locked to the device. Everyone clamored for a changeable band. Samsung listened and delivered. At least in theory.

I really want a few different color bands to go with my Gear Fit. Samsung... I'm getting restless! Hurry up! How long can it take to make rubberized bands?

As of today, the best I can do is order an OEM Samsung Gear Fit band direct from a Korean supplier via eBay. Delivery is "promised" to be anywhere from June 7 to June 20 depending on air freight and customs. Sigh. Hopefully we will have Gear Fit bands in stock in our Sprint retail stores before then.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.