cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - ALL The Power You Need - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - ALL The Power You Need

The Galaxy Grand Prime comes with a 2600 mAh battery. Per Samsung the Battery will provide the average user up to 18 hour standard use, 80 hours music play, or 11 hours of video playback on one charge. This stored power is enough for the regular average user. IF you are a power user you may need to charge your device once or twice. Keep in mind these numbers are based on Samsung's testing. I can contest that the numbers are indeed factual as I myself have been getting around 18+ hour days with 4-5hours left to use.

Keep in mind I am a minimalistic user and while I do make and use the phone for what its made more I do most conversing via text. But if you are on the heavier side of use I will provide a few option's to help extend that battery life.  These are some helpful TIPS to assist in extending your battery even further than what you thought was possible.

Enabling Power Saving Mode:
While viewing the home screen, tap "Apps"

1. Go to "Settings"
  2. Swipe to "System" and tap "Battery"
  3. Tap "Power saving mode" and set the option's slider to "ON"
  4. Tap "Start Power Saving" and select at what percentage this service will become active

This feature once active will reduce the battery hungry services to allow for longer use of your device.

Enabling Ultra Power Saving Mode:

Go to "Settings"

Swipe to "System" and tap "Battery"

Tap "Ultra Power Saving Mode" and set the option's slider to "ON"

This feature will change your phones setup to a minimalistic approach. Adding a minimal home screen layout and limit apps to a select few. This feature will give you the bare essentials while still allowing you to use the phone. At 10 percent Samsung states you should get 24 hours of battery life.

Lowering the Screen Brightness and Timeout Duration:

1. While viewing the home screen, tap "Apps"
  2. Go to "Settings"
  3. Swipe to "Quick Settings" and then tap "Display"
  4. Drag the slider to the left and set it to a lower brightness value
  5. Tap "Screen timeout"
  6. Select a lower setting, such as "15 seconds"
  7. Disabling Background Data:

Go to "Settings"

Swipe to "Connections" and then tap "Data usage"

Press the "Menu" key and mark the "Restrict background data" check box

Disabling Wi-Fi, Hotspot, GPS and Bluetooth:

While viewing the home screen

Swipe the "Status" bar down and tap the icons associated with "Wi-Fi", "Location" and "Bluetooth" to disable these features

NOTE: Always turn off services that are not going to be used for long periods of time to save on battery life.

Enjoy using your device to the fullest and remember when caught without a charger try some of these tips to extend your battery life. Some of them could even be a life saver.

Disclaimer:
    The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee