cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - Final Review - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - Final Review

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Prime1.jpg

The Galaxy Grand Prime has been one of the best entry level phones i have had the experience to test out and provide feedback. Samsung has given the users what they wanted. An entry level device with high end features. Experience what high end users come to find and use. From a nice high end display, newest OS, smooth pictures and more.

The Galaxy Grand prime form factor is perfect for the hand measuring only 5.7" x 2.8" with a screen size of 5". You will be able to enjoy those great pictures and video watching with full view-ability. Phones have come a long way. I remember my first smartphone had a screen size of 4.2". At that time I first thought that was a huge display now a days having anything less than 5" I feel is too small. Funny how overtime what we use to like gets changed.

SM-G530HZADINU-302369-0.jpg

Experience the full power with this device. Samsung has included a 1.2 Ghz quad-core processor allowing you speed of a computer at the touch of your hand. With this power will require a large battery to handle the use for this great device. Samsung has brought back the removable battery. Included is a 2700 mAh battery. For me and based on my usage you will get a good 17 hours of daily use. But if you're a heavy user the nice thing with this device just swap out the battery for another one.

SM-G530HZADINU-72921-0.jpg

The battery is not the only removable item included with this device, as a much needed feature is the ability to add your own microSD card for added storage. With only 8Gb of on device storage and only 4Gb is usable due to the operating system you will need some sort of supplemental data card.  Especially if you're going to be using this device to take pictures.

Taking pictures will be a joy with this device. With the back facing 8 megapixel camera users can capture great quality shots. As with any camera you can let the device auto set your picture quality or you can dive in and manually select the settings based on the shots your taking. As an added bonus Samsung has also included some neat features to make capture shots fun. Let's not forget the front facing camera. Capture those selfies and include your friends without a selfie-stick. This camera has equipped a front facing wide angle lens capturing up to 85 degree angle. This gives you that much needed edge to capture everyone ion the shot.

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Prime-Wide-Angle-Front-Camera-Sample.jpg

Overall this device will give you the most for your money on an entry level. If you're a user looking to get into the smartphone market this is a perfect beginner device. Even if you have children you want to provide a device to but don't want to fork out the high funds for those larger overpriced phones this will be the best value for their needs and yours. As a side note if your buying for your kids get a glass screen protector this will save your life should the phone be dropped. Just some added protection. This phone will give you that high quality for a low cost.

Enjoy the phone and as always remember no texting while driving.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee