cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SideSync Shares Stuff on your Samsungs - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung offers an app in Galaxy Applications called SideSync.  This application allows the user to connect your Samsung devices via Wifi Direct, and ultimately you can control devices from one platform.  So the example would be that I could connect my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S 8.0, and I can actually SEE my Galaxy Grand Prime and control it - answer the phone, send txt messages or do other functions that I could perhaps ONLY do on my Grand Prime. 

But why would I want to do this?

Well one added feature of SideSync is that it allows for easy transfer of content from one device to another.  This is especially significant on the Grand Prime, which is - shall we say - memory-challenged, and even more so if you don�t have a MicroSD Card installed.  However, I have been able to use SideSync to control my device when it�s in another room or on another floor in the house.  Could be useful if you are:

Charging your phone elsewhere in your home/office.

Reading outside and left your phone inside

Using pants/clothes that don�t have pockets to hold your phone, and you are using a tablet/phablet/other Samsung device in the same place (home/office/Starbucks coffee shop).

The one requirement is that both devices must be on the same network.  It works very well on my home Wifi, although I would suggest using the lower frequency network if you have a dual band router so that you don�t drop your connection due to structural interference.  Nice way to further integrate your new Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime into your Samsung device eco-system.

If you can get it to work, let me know how YOU use it to make your life easier!

D

Note: SideSync 3.0 is not working at all on my Samsung Tablet.  I expect this will be addressed by Samsung soon, as all of the reviews on both the Google Play store and the Samsung Galaxy App store have mentioned nothing other than a complete lack of usability.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.