cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Camera

Journeyman

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has been one of the more useful mid-range phones I’ve used during my time with the Product Ambassadors. Despite its low cost, I’ve been able to keep up with multiple email accounts, play games, take good pictures, maintain social media channels and much more. I know a lot of people that think if they don’t have a $700 phone, they will have to sacrifice something. I haven’t found anything the Grand Prime can’t do! And at less than 1/3 the cost, it starts to make a lot of sense quickly.

When a phone costs less than $300, one of the main pieces of hardware that is limited is the camera. And while the Grand Prime camera isn’t boasting 16MP like some of the other flagships in Samsung’s line up, it’s more modest 8MP does a great job at capturing some quality photos. I’ve been impressed with the camera’s ability to keep with my kid’s activities, and even some of the lower light shots have turned out really good.

What I’m more impressed with is the wide angle lens on the front camera. It seems more and more attention has been put into the front facing camera by the OEMs following the ‘Selfie’ craze. But Samsung has taken it a step further. With the Grand Prime, you can put 15% more into your frame using the front camera. According the Grand Prime page on Samsung.com, most smartphones have a 70 degree viewing angle on their front camera. The Grand Prime’s 5MP camera has an 85 degree viewing angle!  Now, you don’t have to take your selfies alone! You can include your friends, and take a… ‘wefie?’ Or maybe you don’t want friends in the background, but you want more scenery.

Whatever you choose to put in the background, and whatever you call it, you won’t have to worry about fitting everyone or everything into the frame, and no one will feel left out.

Samsung Grand Prime

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.