cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors� Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime: Easy transfer data from previous phone

Sprint Product Ambassador

It is exciting to get a new phone but the new phone setup can be tedious and the worst part is you may lose some important data while manually transferring data from old to new device. Fortunately, Samsung does provide an easy way for users to transfer data and app to the new device.

When you first set up the new device, there is a prompt for you to initiate the transfer from old to new device; follow the instruction for that prompt will enable the transfer of all download apps and data from old device to new one.  However, if you miss that step, you can always initiate another transfer by following instruction below.

Download and install the Smart Switch app from Google Play onto both old and new phones:

Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-47-15.png

Open the App and Click the Agree button:

Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-47-26.png

On the old phone select as “Sending” device, on the new phone select as “Receiving” device.

Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-47-58.png

Click “Connect” you will then have the option of which types of data you can transfer.  Note all your text messages will also be transferred over which is very handy indeed.  I only use Google address book, but I believe if you have any phone book addresses they will get transferred too.

One thing I am not sure if this can be used between a Samsung and non-Samsung phone.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.