cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Final Thoughts

Journeyman

The last few weeks with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime have continued to impress me. This phone didn’t start out as a “wow” phone for me. I wasn’t sure about the lowered specs on a Samsung device. I was used to powerful, superuser focused devices like the Note series. But as the weeks passed, the Grand Prime continued to be a solid performer. The features it did bring to the table were outstanding and useful. Things like Wi-Fi calling, expanded cloud storage, Smart Switch and much more. These were features that I was actually able to use, rather than a device packed with tons of bloatware that I may or may not have an interest in.

Samsung’s Smartswitch was a revolution for me! Switching all of my content to a Samsung device was never easier, or more comprehensive. I couldn’t believe how simple the app made it, and all of the customizing I was able to accomplish with just a few clicks. The Grand Prime’s speed performance was stellar as well. I had assumed that I would have to sacrifice speed, endure some lag or choppiness. But nothing has seemed to slow this device down. I can honestly say, this device has put out a better user experience than some of the flagship devices I’ve used in the recent past when it comes to smooth transitions and lag. The camera was possibly the most surprising performer for me. I was blown away with the quality. Even though the specs were half of some of the big boy’s camera specs, the pictures that were output could easily compete.

Despite the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime isn’t a flagship device, Samsung has done an incredible job at packing a feature rich UI in a low cost phone. To think that this phone is only $30 with a two year agreement is just incredible. If you’re looking for plenty of features for almost no money, then the Grand Prime should definitely be on your wishlist.

Samsung Grand Prime

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.