cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Flipboard

Journeyman

One of my favorite things about getting a new smartphone, is downloading apps. Since I’ve been a part of the Product Ambassador program here at Sprint, I’ve tried to make it a point to start from scratch every few phones. There are a couple exceptions, like Google Hangounts that make it onto each phone I activate. But, for the most part, I try to discover new apps to perform the necessary functions as the come up.

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime was no exception. In fact, because it only has 8GB of on board storage, I felt like I should try hard to keep my apps to only those that I use often. Or, rather, use often the apps that I choose! One of the coolest things about discovering apps is Rediscovering old gems. There are a TON of news readers out there in the app store. From Feedly and Smartnews, to apps like Google news or Pocket, you can have your pick of aggregators or stand alone apps. The app that started the news aggregation style for me was Flipboard.

I haven’t used it on my last couple of phones, and to be honest, I didn’t even know I missed it. But in my mission to find apps that I haven’t used (or haven’t used in a while in this case.) I found Flipboard again. For the Grand Prime, this app is golden. The large 5in screen is put to good use with the magazine style tiles keeping my screen real estate up to date with the latest news headlines, soccer scores, and even my calendar and social media updates. Flipping through the different sections of the app allows me to consume information that I’m interested in, as well as keeping me update with twitter and facebook. The fact that Flipboard incorporates my calendar as well is the difference make for me. I haven’t used another aggregator app that places my phone’s content in the media stream. This makes the app front and center to almost all of my media consumption and serves as an information ‘one-stop-shop’

I’m sure there are a million other news apps out there that people swear by. And who knows, for my next phone, I may find one, but for now, Flipboard is very close to being one of the must have apps that travels with me from phone to phone as my go to app for information.

Samsung Grand Prime

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.