cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Initial Thoughts

Journeyman

The Samsung Grand Prime is an interesting device. I’m used to using Samsung flagship devices in the Galaxy Note series, and this is definitely not a Note. There is no faux-leather stitching, no SPen stylus, and the screen is much smaller than the Note series as well. When I turned it on, it didn’t wow me with an amazing Quad-HD screen. I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest.

But then, I started to think about what the Grand Prime was instead of what it wasn’t… It’s a nice device. It looks good, feels comfortable to hold and doesn’t come across as cheap. The screen is very bright, and the toned down contrast gives the device a flatter look which fits in nicely to Samsung’s version of Android. To that point, Samsung did an AMAZING job at toning down their UI to fit within the capabilities of the device. With only 8GB of storage, the TouchWiz on some of the current flagships would have bogged the performance down and taken up WAY too much space. Kudos to Samsung for putting the customer experience at the top of list for this mid-range device.

While it’s not a flagship, its still a Samsung device. Which means its built with quality and performs well. Samsung clearly put a lot of thought into this device, highlighting the most important features like good performance with a decent camera encased in a solid phone. Most importantly, the Samsung Grand Prime is cost effective. You can pick up yours for 0 down on easy pay or $29.99 on a two-year contract.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gran...

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.