cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors� Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime: Initial impressions

Sprint Product Ambassador

People pays attention to the big iconic devices released each year, I may be one of the lucky guys to be able to try out the lesser name devices like this Galaxy Grand Prime.  I think it is nice of Samsung to produce an affordable device that does not burn your budget but allows people to enjoy all the communication and social activities that they need.

•   Wide 5" full HD display
  •   5MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear-facing camera
  •   Fast 4G LTE connection
  •   Slim, sleek design
  •   1.2G Quad Core
  •   8GB internal memory
  •   External SD card up to 128GB
  •   Lollipop 5.1

It is quite an impressive list of feature indeed.  For people who like to put the device in the pocket, it is a very nice size without sacrificing the nice crisp display. The device size is very nice, good for one hand operation. The pictures below shows the size comparison of the Grand Prime vs. my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

20150723_151652_HDR.jpg

20150723_151702.jpg

The device comes with a 2600mAH which is very good.  I have been using the device for conference call, emails and quite a lot of social contacts all day without having to recharge the device at all.  I have not seen the device giving me any low battery level alarm for the past week.

20150723_151758.jpg

A pleasant surprise from Samsung, is the first time I can have a combined Clock and Weather widget that only occupies a quarter of the home screen, very nice indeed:

Screenshot_2015-08-03-12-54-53.png

I am a Samsung Galaxy camera fan, so no doubt I will share my camera experience with this cute device.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.