cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors� Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime: Memory Size

Sprint Product Ambassador

For the price point of the Galaxy Prime, something has to be compromised.  So far I found that the device performs as well as most other higher end device except what you have watch for is the available memory.  The device comes with 8GB of memory.  However, after I transferred alll the apps and data from my Galaxy Note Edge the phone did not have enough memory to perform a software upgrade:

Screenshot_2015-08-04-00-15-27.png

Fortunately, the Grand Prime comes with an external micro-SD card. After I put in the SD Card and had to move all the apps that are movable to the external SD card, I have a usable phone with just enough memory space to run a system update:

Screenshot_2015-08-12-11-31-25.png

The moving of the software to another device can be tedious. You have to find each of the app to select then click transfer to the app to the external SD card. Maybe the next version of Android OS will allow the option to install apps directly to the SD card.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.