cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors� Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime camera vs Note Edge

Sprint Product Ambassador

It is a brave move that I am trying to compare the camera performance of the Grand Prime against that of the Note Edge.  The latter in my mind is one of the best camera phone device that I ever use.

All the photos below are taken straight from the JPEG of the two cameras and then size reduced using Adobe Photoshop.

20150812_075500 copy.jpg

Grand Prime

20150812_075316 copy.jpg

Note Edge

As you can see above, under good lighting the Grand Prime camera’s photo looks almost as good as the Note Edge’s one.  The Note Edge does produce slightly better color contrast here but not much.

Where the Note Edge is better than other cameras is under low light condition.  So I took some photos of my model Bowie under some sub optimal light condition to compare.  My model would not sit still so it was a bit difficult to get the exact same shot for the two cameras, also under low light the object is moving so it was difficult to get a perfectly well focus photo.

20150821_222613 copy.jpg

Grand Prime

20150821_222441 copy.jpg

Note Edge

The Note Edge does produce better color and focus photo under sub-optimal lighting here.  However the Grand Prime does perform very well.

I am very impressed with the Grand Prime camera overall. I think this phone camera is well up there against most other phones available in the market. Go Galaxy Grand Prime!

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.