cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Grand Prime

0 Comments

I use a lot of smartphones that vary from affordable to expensive. In today’s smartphone space, purchasing a phone while staying true to your budget can be a challenge. Fortunately, Samsung has you covered with their Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. I have been using their Galaxy Grand Prime device for a few months and have been pleased with its quality.

Sprint_GrandPrime_600x600_xlarge_grp.jpg

In using the device, I have found that If you are a robust user that needs the fastest device with a lot of onboard storage, you may want to consider another device. However, if you are a light user that does not need bells and whistles, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime may very well be a good fit for your needs.

Samsung created the Galaxy Grand Prime with the budget-conscious individual in mind. The Galaxy Grand Prime is solid android device that offers the following…

Brushed Metallic Finish

Height: 5.7 inches

Width: 2.84 inches

Thinness: .34 inches thin

Weight: 5.5 ounces

5 inch TFT capacitive touch screen display

8GB ROM

MicroSD Card Slot - will take up to 128GB MicroSd

Processor: 1.2 GHz, Qualcomm MSM8916 Quad-Core

Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n

Wi-Fi Calling

4G LTE

Bluetooh

NFC

5MP Front Camera: 5MP

8 MP Rear Camera with 4X Zoom

Camera Features: Auto, Pro, Panorama, Continuous Shot, Beauty Face, Rear-Cam Selfie, Sound & Shot, Sports, HDR (Rich Tone), Night, Animated GIF, Auto Focus, Flash LED

Video Recording: FHD 30fps

2600 mAh battery with up to 18 hours of talk time

MicroUSB

Bluetooth v4.1

GPS

Noise Cancellation

Business Enterprise

Audio Playing Formats: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA

Video Playing Formats: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM

Video Resolution: FHD (1920x1080) 30fps

Native Applications/Services: Calculator, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Internet, Memo, Messages, My Files, Phone, Calendar, Settings, Video, Voice Recorder

In short, if you’re looking for a reliable device by a reputable brand, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime would be a good fit for you. It is available for purchase from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

After six week using and playing with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, my one word for the device is NICE!

I am impressed with how Samsung can keep the quality of the phone and keep the cost down at the same time.  Here is the reasons why I think samsung did a great job with this low cost device:

•   The phone has a good size screen with great clarity, not with the HD quality.
  •   The phone does not have enough internal memory but Samsung does give you an external SD card slot.  This seems to be a lot better than a number of high end smartphones where there is no external SD card
  •   Voice quality is very good
  •   Very responsive
  •   Great battery life, I use the phone for conference calls, voice calls and data all day; battery remains around 30% by the time I get home
  •   The camera image quality is very good

Way to go Samsung.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

To me one of the most crucial aspects to a smartphone is the battery life.  Whether you have an iconic device or economical device like the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, we all want our battery to last all day so we can go from business to play.  This is one area that the Galaxy Grand Prime stands out. 

During my time using the SGGP, I have been really impressed with getting up to an incredible 20 hours of total usage.  By total usage I mean, I made phone calls, completed text messages, updated my Twitter feed a handful of times, did a little web surfing and rockin’ my Spotify. On the low end of battery usage I still got about 10 hours and that was with about 4 hours of calls during that day plus about 50 emails.

So what does this mean to you other than this phone has a pretty good battery? Well if you are looking to outfit a family member (or yourself) with a phone that will give you a little leeway between charges, the SGGP is a great phone to consider. Great price, battery life and Samsung styling.

Your Product Ambassador Team

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

In a world where Samsung Note 5 and for that matter Note 4 & Note Edge with their 16 MP cameras or the iPhone with its iSight Camera, many of us have come to expect a pretty high standard of photo from the iconic phone category.  But what about phones on the other end of the spectrum, how do their cameras compare to one another?

Over the past year I have been able to use few devices in the same price range as the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, and definitely there is a difference between these devices.  Most of the time you can tell the difference based megapixel count, but when it came to the SGGP the 8 MP camera let me feeling a little hazy.  Maybe I expected more from Samsung, but when I compared my SGGP pics to the Sharp Aquos Crystal I saw the difference.  The pictures from my Sharp Aquos had cleaner lines and better sharpness.  Now don’t get me wrong, in well-lit areas my SGGP photos looked pretty good.  The lines could have been a little cleaner and sometimes it was hard to tell what the center focal point was.

On the other side of things I really liked the a couple of the camera features.  For instance the Animated GIF mode was a lot of fun and for Vine users or a quick Facebook post this mode is a must.  Basically your camera utilizes burst mode and puts them into a short “flip book” like animation.  Great for a fun way to show off an action shot.  Also the Rear Selfie mode was great upgrade for those of you who love taking selfies.  Simply hit the MODE button on screen, hit the shutter button then you get 2 seconds to line up your face for the picture. Personally I still have not been able to master the selfie and so mine stink.  At least with the SGGP they were a higher quality bad selfies of me (^_^). 

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

Yo soy super.

No no… tal vez eso parece muy creido.

Yo soy un “super-user”.  ESO suena mejor.  Quiere decir es que utilizo bastantes aplicaciones, herramientas, y memoria en mis teléfonos.  Tanto que cuando empiezo a utilizar algo que no tenga el último en memoria, camera, nitidez, o en capacidad de procesamiento, me afecta la rutina diario. 

Aunque me ha gustado el tiempo que he tenido con el Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, necesito algo mas ‘robusto’.  A mi me parece que este telefono sirve para alguien que recien va a empezar con un smartphone. 

Yo recomiendo este equipo para dos o tres tipos de operadores:

1. Primer telefono para un hijo - tiene suficiente espacio para fotos, video, y una docena de aplicaciones, pero la memoria si es limitado. 
  2. Remplace de un telefono dañado - si alguien en la familia tenía otro telefono que se dano, y quieren reemplazarlo sin mucho costo, este telefono si sirve por mientras.  No le va a doler en el bolsillo, pero como es Samsung, si tiene algunos funciones y la fachada de un telefono de alta calidad (o más alta de lo que es).
  3. Alguien que no quiere telefono pero necesita - siempre hay alguien en la familia que no quiere saber nada de tecnología.  No quiere un celular.  No quiere internet en su casa.  No utiliza GPS.  Pero cuando uno tiene hijos, o ayuda con sobrinos, nietos, o los hijos de sus amigos, es absolutamente necesario tener como comunicarse.  El #SGGP es barato y no es muy complicado, pero si le da la oportunidad de probar algunas aplicaciones y herramientas que son muy útiles sin darle demasiados opciones.

Ahora que tengo un hijo que falta poco para entrar a secundaria, quisiera que tenga mejor idea de lo que es manejar un celular en la vida.  No es solamente un equipo donde uno juega “Clash of Clans” o escucha música.  Es una manera de mantenerse conectado con las otras personas en la vida, y también tener acceso a información que antes solamente se podía ver en libros o en computadoras con acceso al internet.

Bueno - es algo que pueden pensar.  Todavía no he decidido darle un telefono, pero si lo hago, este seria una buena opción.

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

It is a brave move that I am trying to compare the camera performance of the Grand Prime against that of the Note Edge.  The latter in my mind is one of the best camera phone device that I ever use.

All the photos below are taken straight from the JPEG of the two cameras and then size reduced using Adobe Photoshop.

20150812_075500 copy.jpg

Grand Prime

20150812_075316 copy.jpg

Note Edge

As you can see above, under good lighting the Grand Prime camera’s photo looks almost as good as the Note Edge’s one.  The Note Edge does produce slightly better color contrast here but not much.

Where the Note Edge is better than other cameras is under low light condition.  So I took some photos of my model Bowie under some sub optimal light condition to compare.  My model would not sit still so it was a bit difficult to get the exact same shot for the two cameras, also under low light the object is moving so it was difficult to get a perfectly well focus photo.

20150821_222613 copy.jpg

Grand Prime

20150821_222441 copy.jpg

Note Edge

The Note Edge does produce better color and focus photo under sub-optimal lighting here.  However the Grand Prime does perform very well.

I am very impressed with the Grand Prime camera overall. I think this phone camera is well up there against most other phones available in the market. Go Galaxy Grand Prime!

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The last few weeks with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime have continued to impress me. This phone didn’t start out as a “wow” phone for me. I wasn’t sure about the lowered specs on a Samsung device. I was used to powerful, superuser focused devices like the Note series. But as the weeks passed, the Grand Prime continued to be a solid performer. The features it did bring to the table were outstanding and useful. Things like Wi-Fi calling, expanded cloud storage, Smart Switch and much more. These were features that I was actually able to use, rather than a device packed with tons of bloatware that I may or may not have an interest in.

Samsung’s Smartswitch was a revolution for me! Switching all of my content to a Samsung device was never easier, or more comprehensive. I couldn’t believe how simple the app made it, and all of the customizing I was able to accomplish with just a few clicks. The Grand Prime’s speed performance was stellar as well. I had assumed that I would have to sacrifice speed, endure some lag or choppiness. But nothing has seemed to slow this device down. I can honestly say, this device has put out a better user experience than some of the flagship devices I’ve used in the recent past when it comes to smooth transitions and lag. The camera was possibly the most surprising performer for me. I was blown away with the quality. Even though the specs were half of some of the big boy’s camera specs, the pictures that were output could easily compete.

Despite the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime isn’t a flagship device, Samsung has done an incredible job at packing a feature rich UI in a low cost phone. To think that this phone is only $30 with a two year agreement is just incredible. If you’re looking for plenty of features for almost no money, then the Grand Prime should definitely be on your wishlist.

Samsung Grand Prime

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

One of my favorite things about getting a new smartphone, is downloading apps. Since I’ve been a part of the Product Ambassador program here at Sprint, I’ve tried to make it a point to start from scratch every few phones. There are a couple exceptions, like Google Hangounts that make it onto each phone I activate. But, for the most part, I try to discover new apps to perform the necessary functions as the come up.

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime was no exception. In fact, because it only has 8GB of on board storage, I felt like I should try hard to keep my apps to only those that I use often. Or, rather, use often the apps that I choose! One of the coolest things about discovering apps is Rediscovering old gems. There are a TON of news readers out there in the app store. From Feedly and Smartnews, to apps like Google news or Pocket, you can have your pick of aggregators or stand alone apps. The app that started the news aggregation style for me was Flipboard.

I haven’t used it on my last couple of phones, and to be honest, I didn’t even know I missed it. But in my mission to find apps that I haven’t used (or haven’t used in a while in this case.) I found Flipboard again. For the Grand Prime, this app is golden. The large 5in screen is put to good use with the magazine style tiles keeping my screen real estate up to date with the latest news headlines, soccer scores, and even my calendar and social media updates. Flipping through the different sections of the app allows me to consume information that I’m interested in, as well as keeping me update with twitter and facebook. The fact that Flipboard incorporates my calendar as well is the difference make for me. I haven’t used another aggregator app that places my phone’s content in the media stream. This makes the app front and center to almost all of my media consumption and serves as an information ‘one-stop-shop’

I’m sure there are a million other news apps out there that people swear by. And who knows, for my next phone, I may find one, but for now, Flipboard is very close to being one of the must have apps that travels with me from phone to phone as my go to app for information.

Samsung Grand Prime

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has been one of the more useful mid-range phones I’ve used during my time with the Product Ambassadors. Despite its low cost, I’ve been able to keep up with multiple email accounts, play games, take good pictures, maintain social media channels and much more. I know a lot of people that think if they don’t have a $700 phone, they will have to sacrifice something. I haven’t found anything the Grand Prime can’t do! And at less than 1/3 the cost, it starts to make a lot of sense quickly.

When a phone costs less than $300, one of the main pieces of hardware that is limited is the camera. And while the Grand Prime camera isn’t boasting 16MP like some of the other flagships in Samsung’s line up, it’s more modest 8MP does a great job at capturing some quality photos. I’ve been impressed with the camera’s ability to keep with my kid’s activities, and even some of the lower light shots have turned out really good.

What I’m more impressed with is the wide angle lens on the front camera. It seems more and more attention has been put into the front facing camera by the OEMs following the ‘Selfie’ craze. But Samsung has taken it a step further. With the Grand Prime, you can put 15% more into your frame using the front camera. According the Grand Prime page on Samsung.com, most smartphones have a 70 degree viewing angle on their front camera. The Grand Prime’s 5MP camera has an 85 degree viewing angle!  Now, you don’t have to take your selfies alone! You can include your friends, and take a… ‘wefie?’ Or maybe you don’t want friends in the background, but you want more scenery.

Whatever you choose to put in the background, and whatever you call it, you won’t have to worry about fitting everyone or everything into the frame, and no one will feel left out.

Samsung Grand Prime

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - Final Review

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Prime1.jpg

The Galaxy Grand Prime has been one of the best entry level phones i have had the experience to test out and provide feedback. Samsung has given the users what they wanted. An entry level device with high end features. Experience what high end users come to find and use. From a nice high end display, newest OS, smooth pictures and more.

The Galaxy Grand prime form factor is perfect for the hand measuring only 5.7" x 2.8" with a screen size of 5". You will be able to enjoy those great pictures and video watching with full view-ability. Phones have come a long way. I remember my first smartphone had a screen size of 4.2". At that time I first thought that was a huge display now a days having anything less than 5" I feel is too small. Funny how overtime what we use to like gets changed.

SM-G530HZADINU-302369-0.jpg

Experience the full power with this device. Samsung has included a 1.2 Ghz quad-core processor allowing you speed of a computer at the touch of your hand. With this power will require a large battery to handle the use for this great device. Samsung has brought back the removable battery. Included is a 2700 mAh battery. For me and based on my usage you will get a good 17 hours of daily use. But if you're a heavy user the nice thing with this device just swap out the battery for another one.

SM-G530HZADINU-72921-0.jpg

The battery is not the only removable item included with this device, as a much needed feature is the ability to add your own microSD card for added storage. With only 8Gb of on device storage and only 4Gb is usable due to the operating system you will need some sort of supplemental data card.  Especially if you're going to be using this device to take pictures.

Taking pictures will be a joy with this device. With the back facing 8 megapixel camera users can capture great quality shots. As with any camera you can let the device auto set your picture quality or you can dive in and manually select the settings based on the shots your taking. As an added bonus Samsung has also included some neat features to make capture shots fun. Let's not forget the front facing camera. Capture those selfies and include your friends without a selfie-stick. This camera has equipped a front facing wide angle lens capturing up to 85 degree angle. This gives you that much needed edge to capture everyone ion the shot.

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Prime-Wide-Angle-Front-Camera-Sample.jpg

Overall this device will give you the most for your money on an entry level. If you're a user looking to get into the smartphone market this is a perfect beginner device. Even if you have children you want to provide a device to but don't want to fork out the high funds for those larger overpriced phones this will be the best value for their needs and yours. As a side note if your buying for your kids get a glass screen protector this will save your life should the phone be dropped. Just some added protection. This phone will give you that high quality for a low cost.

Enjoy the phone and as always remember no texting while driving.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

ggp.jpgdevice_145x250_a.gif

The last two phones that I have used have both been mid-range devices with amazing prices. The Galaxy Grand Prime from Samsung has been a great phone to use for the past month. Prior to this phone I was using the LG G Stylo. Both of these phones have pros and cons, and both of them are great in their own ways. Here are some of the ways that they stack up:

Camera: The G Stylo and the Grand Prime both come with 8MP cameras. In my opinion the G Stylo takes better pictures close up, and the Galaxy Grand Prime takes great pictures of objects far away and in optimal lighting. Neither of them compare to a flagship device, but overall both of them will give you nice clear images. The G Stylo is a little better of a camera in my opinion, but it’s very close.

Speed: The Galaxy Grand Prime and the G Stylo both come with quad core processors. This is pretty impressive for the price of the device. The G Stylo ran into a few lag issues from time to time, but it was able to run games with no problem. The Galaxy Grand Prime didn’t have any hiccups while I was using it. There was no lag moving from screen to screen and it could also play games without a hitch. In the end I would say the Galaxy Grand Prime is the better phone when it comes to speed.

Overall Look & Feel – Both phones look and feel like most of the other smartphone you are used to. They have big screens and are plastic. The G Stylo has a stylus that comes with the phone which is a really nice added benefit. The Grand Prime looks a lot like the Galaxy S3. I had a ton of people ask me about the phone, because they thought it was an S series. They were pretty stoked when they heard there was a low cost option available. The color of each phone is very bland, but most people will put a case on it anyways.

In the end I have been happier using the Galaxy Grand Prime. There was nothing about the G Stylo that I did not like, but I find myself preferring Touchwiz and the look of the Prime a little better. Either way you go, you will get an awesome phone for a great price.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

A fun little nugget called an "Easter Egg" is hidden in Google's Lollipop version of Android and as a Galaxy Grand Prime user with the Lollipop UI why not take advantage.  If you have never heard or interacted with one of these hidden gems before they are really nothing more than a very minor interaction that allow us in the tech community to geek out.  So what does Google have in store for us in Lollipop?  Let's find out.

Where? 

It is actually pretty easy to find, follow these steps:

1.  Go to your setting menu and select the "About Device" option

2.  Fun Alert:  Tap the "Android Version" option repeatedly, like it is going out of style

3.  If your tap dance is successful the settings menu will disappear and a colored ball will appear in the middle of the screen.  Repeatedly tap that and watch it mature to a fully grown lollipop.

lolli start.pnglolli finish.png

The Time Waster

If you have the patience to go further continue to tap on the lollipop for an extended period of time and you will be brought to Android's answer to the various flappy games.  As seen in other variants guide your green android through the lollipop gates to fame and fortune.  As you can tell by the screenshots I am not that coordinated. . . .

android 2.pngandroid 1.png

So there you have it, senseless fun but fun none the less.

Until Next Time-

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

This is my last review of the Galaxy Grand Prime and there are a few small things that I count not write separate blogs for each so I compiled them into this review.

The first thing that I would like to point out about this phone is that it does not come with a lot of storage.  The phone only comes with 8 GB of internal storage and before I transferred all my information over from my other phone I looked up how much storage I had on this phone.  I noticed that almost half of my storage was already used by pre-loaded apps.  Luckily this phone has an SD slot so I would recommend getting an SD card for this phone.

The second think that I would like to talk about is the battery.  For a mid-range phone, the battery on this phone worked really well for me.  I am not a heavy user with my phones typically so I was easily able to get a full days use without having to recharge my phone.  For those that are heavy users with their phones Samsung had included a power-saving and ultra-power saving mode.  I have tested these 2 features out and my phone was able to last even longer.  These are really great features to have.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

I have been using this phone for a few weeks and I have to say that for a mid-range phone, the Galaxy Grand Prime is fairly quick.  This phone comes with a 1.2 Quad-Core processor and has 1 GB of RAM.

It's funny when I read other reviews of phones and they give you so many facts and benchmarks for performance but most people wont have a clue what they are talking about.  I'll be honest, I have no idea what they are talking about.  I have downloaded some games to test out the performance on this phone such as Angry Birds and Candy Crush.  While playing the games I never really noticed any lag.  The only lag that I noticed what the time from when you opened the game to when you were actually able to play it.

I think that this phone would be great for someone who is looking for an inexpensive phone or a first phone for a child.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

I always love getting to test drive entry-level to mid-level devices because you never know what to expect. So getting my hands on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (or SGGP as I refer to it) for the first time has been a good experience. This is great looking device, that feels great in one hand and looks to have good amount quality stats in the battery department as well. From a technical breakdown this looks like it could be a great device especially at only $10/month on Easy Pay (or $240 at full retail price), here are the quick stats:

• 5” display
  • Weighing in at 6 oz.
  • 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon processor
  • 8GB (ROM)/1.5GB (RAM) w/ support for up to 128GB Micro SD Card
  • 2600 mAh Lithium Ion Battery
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop for the Operating System

So if you compare it on the spec side the SGGP you will notice that it is a basically an economical version of the Galaxy S6.  Basically same size, body design, battery and screen size.  What will put the SGGP to the test will be the scaled down cameras and how they perform in comparison to devices with similar pricing and stats.  This is shaping up to be quite the phone and I am looking forward to putting it through the cycles to see how it really stacks up.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.