cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD THESE FEATURES TO IMPROVE THE INSTINCT IN LATER UPDATES

Highlighted
Journeyman

ADD THESE FEATURES TO IMPROVE THE INSTINCT IN LATER UPDATES

POST HERE: The features that you feel the M800 instinct needs, to be all encompassing. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON WHAT YOU FEEL THIS PHONE WAS ORIGINALLY NOT INTENDED or INTENDED TO DO, BECAUSE THE BOTTOM LINE IS TECHNOLOGY IS ADVANCING AND SO IS COMPETITION, AND SPRINT IS PLAYING CATCH-UP WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITTION. The users should drive the demand for features, not the manufacturers or companies. Secondly, sprint has marketed this phone heavy, so they should support it just as heavy!

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

what do you mean add a full QWERTY keyboard. It has one...

Highlighted
Journeyman

1. Instant messenger. 2. More camera editing options(I know they can't put in a flash) But zoom, and editing features. New Browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1. CALENDAR SYNC

2. A FULLY CAPABALE AND INTUITIVE FILE MANAGER; AND ALLOW STORAGE CARD TO BE ACCESSED FROM MORE MENUS (i.e. Notes, ringers, etc...) INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO SEND FILES VIA BLUETOOTH (to printers or other devices)

3. THE ABILITY TO "SELECT ALL" OR "CTRL +SELECT" IN VARIOUS MENU'S TO MAKE IT EASY TO DELETE ITEMS

4. THE ABILITY TO EDIT THE "GUI" AND/OR MOVE ICONS AROUND (CHANGE ORDER) IN ALL SCREENS

5. ADD MORE COLOR OPTIONS TO SOME OF THE MENU SCREENS AND TEXT CONVERSATION

6. The ability to back up text msgs, call logs, task...

7. A Tasks List/ To-Do

Highlighted
Journeyman

Team with Google, and incorporate their Picasa Web Picture Album

Highlighted
Journeyman

ADD MULTIPLE KEYBOARD OPTIONS LIKE HTC:
The option to switch to a full QWERTY keyboard layout (C'MON its an industry standard)
The option to switch to keypad style texting

T9 word & expanded word prediction

Highlighted
Journeyman

1. Calendar

The current calendar is very primitive. No synchronization is available yet. No option to set a repeating event every other week, for example. Calendar needs a major improvement.

2. Music player

Better management of music files and playlists. Perhaps partner with third-party developers such as PocketTunes.

3. Newsreader

We need a newsreader. Again, partnering with third-party developers might be the solution. FreeRange already uses newsreader for a number of phones.

4. File Manager

Ability to manage files from just about any application

5. Speech to Action

Add the ability to record memos to self. Though mentioned in the manual, there is no such option at present.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendar sync is crucial (hoping a 3rd party can support dCal) Document/file viewer

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Email App Truncate messages or do a better job of memory handling for large messages...and replies to large messages. Picture Viewer App/Music Player App Add caching for content read from the SD card. The dealys without caching are frusrating! Browser Too many issues to list, so, work with Opera to get Opera Mini 4.1 to work on the Instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

From another message, a way to record memo's with the Instinct. Not sure if this is the official solution or just a work around.

IMNOPRINCE:  

ImNoPrince

Message 2 of 4

Viewed 30 times

I can Help with that. As I have been searching as well. 1st set up a Contact with your Phone number if you haven't already I have mine set as Memo /VM Voicemail &gt; &gt; Select yourself (as above setup) and it will open and start to record. &gt; Stop when done. Now if you want to send this to anyoneelse in your contacts Hit the ( + ) and add. Hit Send It will come through as a voicemail and will be listed under the contact you set up . It really works nice but haven't found a way to label each one yet </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Highlighted
Patron

Contacts 1. The ability to group contacts Lock Feature 1. I would like to be able to lock photos or text or contacts individually Pictures 1. The ability to edit my photo

Highlighted
Journeyman

**SORRY, I MEANT TO SAY QWERTY-STYLE FOR TEXT MSGING** AND/OR HTC TOUCH KEYBOARD STYLE QWERTY STYLE

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat