POST HERE: The features that you feel the M800 instinct needs, to be all encompassing. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON WHAT YOU FEEL THIS PHONE WAS ORIGINALLY NOT INTENDED or INTENDED TO DO, BECAUSE THE BOTTOM LINE IS TECHNOLOGY IS ADVANCING AND SO IS COMPETITION, AND SPRINT IS PLAYING CATCH-UP WHEN IT COMES TO COMPETITTION. The users should drive the demand for features, not the manufacturers or companies. Secondly, sprint has marketed this phone heavy, so they should support it just as heavy!
1. CALENDAR SYNC
2. A FULLY CAPABALE AND INTUITIVE FILE MANAGER; AND ALLOW STORAGE CARD TO BE ACCESSED FROM MORE MENUS (i.e. Notes, ringers, etc...) INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO SEND FILES VIA BLUETOOTH (to printers or other devices)
3. THE ABILITY TO "SELECT ALL" OR "CTRL +SELECT" IN VARIOUS MENU'S TO MAKE IT EASY TO DELETE ITEMS
4. THE ABILITY TO EDIT THE "GUI" AND/OR MOVE ICONS AROUND (CHANGE ORDER) IN ALL SCREENS
5. ADD MORE COLOR OPTIONS TO SOME OF THE MENU SCREENS AND TEXT CONVERSATION
6. The ability to back up text msgs, call logs, task...
7. A Tasks List/ To-Do
ADD MULTIPLE KEYBOARD OPTIONS LIKE HTC:
The option to switch to a full QWERTY keyboard layout (C'MON its an industry standard)
The option to switch to keypad style texting
T9 word & expanded word prediction
The current calendar is very primitive. No synchronization is available yet. No option to set a repeating event every other week, for example. Calendar needs a major improvement.
2. Music player
Better management of music files and playlists. Perhaps partner with third-party developers such as PocketTunes.
We need a newsreader. Again, partnering with third-party developers might be the solution. FreeRange already uses newsreader for a number of phones.
4. File Manager
Ability to manage files from just about any application
5. Speech to Action
Add the ability to record memos to self. Though mentioned in the manual, there is no such option at present.
Email App Truncate messages or do a better job of memory handling for large messages...and replies to large messages. Picture Viewer App/Music Player App Add caching for content read from the SD card. The dealys without caching are frusrating! Browser Too many issues to list, so, work with Opera to get Opera Mini 4.1 to work on the Instinct.
From another message, a way to record memo's with the Instinct. Not sure if this is the official solution or just a work around.
Message 2 of 4