cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD THESE FEATURES TO IMPROVE THE INSTINCT IN LATER UPDATES

Journeyman

The biggest things to me are: 1) Lock the screen during a...

The biggest things to me are: 1) Lock the screen during a phone call 2) Outlook Calender Sync 3) Receive calls at ALL TIMES regardless of streaming or anything else.

Journeyman

How about a real Hotsync feature (including calender and...

How about a real Hotsync feature (including calender and notes

Journeyman

Ability to encrypt contents on storage card

Ability to encrypt contents on storage card

Journeyman

1: Audible & Visible indicator of a missed call or te...

1: Audible & Visible indicator of a missed call or text. Maybe have the little phone icon at the bottom flash? Have the phone beep once every 30 seconds or so until you check it. Right now it beeps only once about 30 seconds after a missed call or message. 2: Have ringtone for text messages ring longer than 5 seconds when the phone is locked. If you're not near the phone, you'll often miss it because the ring is so short. Why not ring just as long as it does for an incoming call? After all, they use the same ringtones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The ability to load third party applications or games int...

The ability to load third party applications or games into a screen frame that places a touch panel at the bottom to include two softkeys and possibly a Dpad, which can then drive the application encolosed by the frame. A finall small text button on this frame may be necessary to prompt the Instinct to pull up the Default touch keyboard for text entry into feilds.

Journeyman

Re: ADD THESE FEATURES TO IMPROVE THE INSTINCT IN LATER UPDATES

Get the calendar to work right! If I want to put in an event to happen every day it won't let me. It asks you if you want the event every day but when I click that it doesn't do it every day.

Also, what happened to emoticons for text messaging and email?

what about preset text messages?

Ability to sync the calendar?

Ability to change the color of the screen? Have a picture as a background?

Keyguard for when you're talking on the phone?

The phone to answer all the time?

Add some games and not demos!

I'm sure I'll think of more things later!

Journeyman

The one MAJOR flaw I personally have so far is Calendar sync with Microsoft Outlook.

Seriously, this *needs* to be done.

The rest of the stuff I think I can live with or work around for now.

Overall, I still consider this phone a "step up" from my Palm Centro.

The screen is nicer, the GUI is better, I really like the touchscreen and the web browser finally works...

I believe that there are enough petitions floating around the net that calendar sync and hopefully Opera Mini will get done

fairly soon <crossing fingers>

-C

Journeyman

Please add:

The ability to enter more options when setting up email accounts. specifically, id like to have a different 'reply' address or 'from' address shown when i send out emails on my phone.

Journeyman

CALENDAR SYNCH WITH OUTLOOK.....THIS IS A DEAL BREAKER FOR MANY PEOPLE, MYSELF INCLUDED.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

Cut and pasted from another thread/user................., a work around for the calendar issue. Hopefully they will add that functionality later, but this might help some people.......

"The only way at the moment to get you calendar to sync, or at least show up on your Instinct is to first sync your Outlook with Google and then set your Instinct Browser to www.google.com/calendar thru m.google.com You will be able to add events but you cant delete them. Also, go to your google account via a PC and set the notifications to send you your itinerary every day via SMS at 5am and you will always have your to do list on your Instinct. To set your homw page, first navigate to the page you want as your home page and the press the Heart shaped button on the right side of the screen on your Instinct. It will prompt you to save the current URL as your homepage. Google Calendar Mobile is precise and fits the Instinct screen perfectly. You can easily advance by week and quickly add events." 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat