ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY NEW WORD ON UPDATES FOR INSTINCT???

Journeyman

ANY NEW WORD ON UPDATES FOR INSTINCT???

Ok - the Instinct has been available for over a week. Numerous complaints have arisen (calendar andcontacts sync - better browser - document viewer, etc...) have ANY updates been announced by Sprint? Are there ANY confirmed dates for software update releases and/or patches for any of the numerous problems discussed in this forum?? HAS SPRING ANNOUNCED ANY CHANGES AS OF YET? If so, can all information regarding the changes and the dates of availability be provided? Obviously this question is directed to all members of this forum - BUT IS ALSO SPECIFICALLY directedto any SPRINT personnel, Administrative or otherwise. The return deadline for many Instinct customers is looming ever closer - and so is the release of the iPhone 3G, any information will be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: ANY NEW WORD ON UPDATES FOR INSTINCT???

Some are saying it's suppose to be sometime today.

Journeyman

Any idea on what the changes are and when they may be available?? What fixes are being released???

Journeyman

This is probably a ridiculous question, but when the update is available, will it automatically download to my phone, or is there an action required on my part? Also, how will I know if/when the download has taken place?

Journeyman

When an update is available you will have to go into settings on your phone and select "Update Software". You will need to be in a good data service area, plugged into the charger wouldn't be a bad idea either.

And NO, nobody knows jack about any update or what one would include. Sprint hasn't said anything, and it almost certainly isn't happening today or any time soon.

Journeyman

Sprint is supposed to 'PUSH' the update to your phone, meaning that you wont have to go look for the update. You might just get a message on your phone saying there is an 'update available, do you want to upgrade now?' or something of the sort.

Journeyman

I don't see a "Update Software" selection in Se...

I don't see a "Update Software" selection in Settings.

Journeyman

Re: I don't see a "Update Software" selection in Se...

It's under General Settings, scroll toward the bottom

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat