cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to view and use this site on the Instinct

Highlighted
Patron

Able to view and use this site on the Instinct

Has anyone tried to use and view this website www.instinctinsight.com on their Instinct? When I log in the page is completely unusable. I really like the phone and don't have many complaints, but it seems odd that the site designed for Instinct users cannot log onto the site on their phone. If I'm missing something, will someone please point me in the right direction?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Able to view and use this site on the Instinct

Ha. JUST that site? I can't even get THIS site to come up... among hundreds of others. The Instinct browser is completely worthless. Since having this phone I've used the web probably 50 times LESS because it doesnt work and crashes all the time.

Journeyman

OK, so help me out here, what does this browser support? Here's what I've read:

- It supports basic HTML

- No flash (not a surprise, does any mobile platform support flash?)

- there are stability issues

Here are a couple questions:

- What kind of Javascript support (since this impacts AJAX and a whole litany of sites)

- what about SSL?

If SPrint needs to fix some stability issues that's going to be a lot easier than adding new functionality, so just wondering! 🙂

Journeyman

The instinct's web browser is useless. It lockes or freez...

The instinct's web browser is useless. It lockes or freezes, there is not way to go back unless you exit. I am paying a lot of money for unlimited web data and Ido not use it too much because you waste time and ou don't get anywhere. I think sprint messed up on this one.

Journeyman

Im having the same issue, the web browser has stopped mu...

Im having the same issue, the web browser has stopped mu usage of the net. I would like to see sprint address this issue. On the Palm 755p , there were no problems considering dropping Sprint all together. When I call, all I get is we never promised anything. Nor , shoud this phone be considered anything like a PDA. Lol , why did they sell it off as such. I will give the a few months , and if they have not addressed the issue's on this 229.00 phone. I will have to make a decession, very disappointed with Sprint at this Point.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Nope - it'll never work on the Instinct.  This site (and the sister site, BuzzAboutWireless.com) use quite a bit of advanced web-features that will not render on a mobile browser.   We are working on a mobile version of the site, but that won't be out for a while.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Maybe Sprint is selling fast internet because with no one using it because of the browser....it should be fast.

Journeyman

Will:

The planned software update is "suppose" to resolve the browser lockup issues on sites such as nyt.com, wsj.com, etc.?

Sprint Product Ambassador

I don't know - I don't have any view into the development side of the house.  I'll ask.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Maybe this would make a good comparison iPhone ad ? IPhon...

Maybe this would make a good comparison iPhone ad ? IPhone - render no problem, Instict - kills over . And as per Sprint will never render.
This is coming from a guy who loves his instinct. The browser is so bad, I hope they have an option to un-install it (to get more internal memory) once, IF IT WILL EVER COME TRUE ,the Opera is usable on this phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat