Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing my "Work Email" when my laptop is off and Outlook is Closed

Journeyman
Journeyman

Accessing my "Work Email" when my laptop is off and Outlook is Closed

I can send/rec email no problem when my laptop is connected to my company's server and is On with Outlook running. This is NOT when I need to access email on my cell phone. My laptop will almost always be off and disconnected from the network. Am I dreaming to have email remotely like this? How do other people work around this?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Accessing my "Work Email" when my laptop is off and Outlook is Closed

If your company supports OWA (Outlook Web Access) on Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007, you can easily set up a connection directly from the phone to the server.  Just go into mail, choose New Account, choose Work and enter your server address, user ID and password.

If you company does not support OWA, then you may have more difficulty.  I'd suggest reaching out to your company IT team and ask them to put either OWA or IMAP in place for external access of email.

If they will not do that, then the desktop reflector solution is the only way to do it.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat