Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessories - Sports Armband

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Accessories - Sports Armband

Has anyone found a sports armband for their Instinct? I've found a few thatwere originally designed for the iPhone and supposedly"compatible" with the Instinct. However,theiPhone is wider than the Instinct.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Patron

nope allot of the things i find for instinct are universa...

nope allot of the things i find for instinct are universal or for iphone i haven't seen too much of "instinct" stuff

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Accessories - Sports Armband

@MEC wrote:

Has anyone found a sports armband for their Instinct? I've found a few thatwere originally designed for the iPhone and supposedly"compatible" with the Instinct. However,theiPhone is wider than the Instinct.

I ended up buying an ipod nano for running. I think the Instinct would just be too big to strap onto my arm. The music player, in my opinion, is below par on the Instinct anyway for me to go running with. There are certain albums that are split up and I can't play all the songs and I can't play any albums from track one to the last track in order. It's frustrating. The ipod works great!

Highlighted
Journeyman

chadaccount wrote:

There are certain albums that are split up and I can't play all the songs and I can't play any albums from track one to the last track in order. It's frustrating. The ipod works great!

Sure you can - it's not as easy as I think it should be - just create a playlist, then add the songs to it. Next - and this is the part I hate - you have to edit the playlist and move the songs into the correct order - then select "Play Playlist".

It would be better if the player would honor the order in which I choose songs to add - or honor the track number (and iTunes even adds this to the track name but this player seems to ignore that). Or if the player would analyze the directory structure it could build album playlists automatically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@redeyes wrote:

@chadaccount wrote:

There are certain albums that are split up and I can't play all the songs and I can't play any albums from track one to the last track in order. It's frustrating. The ipod works great!

Sure you can - it's not as easy as I think it should be - just create a playlist, then add the songs to it. Next - and this is the part I hate - you have to edit the playlist and move the songs into the correct order - then select "Play Playlist".

It would be better if the player would honor the order in which I choose songs to add - or honor the track number (and iTunes even adds this to the track name but this player seems to ignore that). Or if the player would analyze the directory structure it could build album playlists automatically.

I do know I can make playlists, it just seems silly to have to create play lists for all of my albums when it should do it from the beginning. It was a lot easier to go to the store and buy an ipod. LOL. Plus I have the Nike + shoes and now I can track my runs using my ipod and easily transfer those runs to Nike's website. Very, very sweet setup!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@chadaccount wrote:

I do know I can make playlists, it just seems silly to have to create play lists for all of my albums when it should do it from the beginning.

I agree - the current design of the music app is not up to par with what users have come to expect from other devices. if they would just honor the directory tree structure, it would be so simple. Guess we just need another update, lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys,

Im currently using the leather cary case that came with my instinct as an armband. I simply cut two slits in the back and used the armband from my old UpSage phone. It works fine.

I also purchased the Samsung high-impact "Kickstand" Holster/belt clip, which is designed specifically for the Samsung M800 (Instinct) phone, and contacted a local plastic supply company. I asked them if they could cut two slits in the back of the holster so can use it with an armband. They said it would be no problem, and that they could do it while I wait. Im headed over there this weekend to have them make the custom cuts/slits. Ill follow up w/everyone with an update and provide some pics if possible.

- Armando

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cut two slits behind the leather pouch that comes with the instinct phone and used my armband from my old Samsung Slim Phone. It works fine. Try it.

-at-

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat