cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Request for Information - Calendar Sync - MR 4, Separate Update, or not at all?

Journeyman

Admin Request for Information - Calendar Sync - MR 4, Separate Update, or not at all?

Can one of the admins post information on the Calendar Sync myth? In the initial MR4 announcement (right after MR3 was released), there was a statement about calendar sync with exchange. It was then edited out.

Has there been any further information given from Sprint if this is coming, when, and how it will arrive? I am guessing it was taken out of the MR4 announcement because it will just be an upgrade of the email application... and not really a replacement of the Instinct Calendar application. The email app already talks to your exchange and lotus notes server for email and contact searches. So that would seem to be the most logical place to plop it into the Instinct.

Would be nice to know if this means the Calendar app already on the Instinct will remain or be replaced? If they are looking for feedback, i say leave it. That way i can put personal reminders for appointments on my Instinct with out it showing up in my Outlook at work. Smiley Happy

Feel free to post a new "sticky" and lock this thread and redirect to the sticky thread.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Admin Request for Information - Calendar Sync - MR 4, Separate Update, or not at all?

Yes, there was a line referring to (deleted) in the orignial MR-4 annoucnement, and it seems that it's a full upgrade of (deleted), but there's nothing public we can say about (deleted) or (deleted), so we'll just have to wait a while longer.  I don't know if (deleted) will make it into MR-4, or if it's a post-MR-4 app upgrade to improve the (deleted).

I really shouldn't even say that much - I've been directed not to mention (deleted) at all, so I'm not. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Re: Admin Request for Information - Calendar Sync - MR 4, Separate Update, or not at all?

@wengla02 wrote:

Yes, there was a line referring to (deleted) in the orignial MR-4 annoucnement, and it seems that it's a full upgrade of (deleted), but there's nothing public we can say about (deleted) or (deleted), so we'll just have to wait a while longer. I don't know if (deleted) will make it into MR-4, or if it's a post-MR-4 app upgrade to improve the (deleted).

I really shouldn't even say that much - I've been directed not to mention (deleted) at all, so I'm not.

Well, that gave me my good laugh of the day!

Journeyman

Will thanks for being real with us. Any ideas on timing o...

Will thanks for being real with us. Any ideas on timing of MR-4 release yet? I am sure they are being tight-lipped as not to have a train wreck like they did last go 'round, but there must be some talk??? Just looking for a little glimmer of hope - thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will thanks for being real with us. Any ideas on timing o...

Look for the thread marked "MR-4 Update" created by Will on Monday. Gives his latest.

This thread was just wondering what happened to the calendar update in the original MR4. Which, Will's response was a great response... especially given he really isnt to respond to it.

I guess we will all have to wait and see what the MR4 + Application updates have in store. I am hoping given the only post MR3 application update we saw was the TV update... maybe there will be a good app update coming for email! Smiley Happy FINGERS CROSSED!

Journeyman

Just putting in my two bits, I too am waiting for the calendar to hold more than 72 entries. As a busy Hockey Mom I was looking forward to getting rid of the paper. How do I get on a list as to know when this upgrade is available? Or should I just go and get a new phone, I'm still within my 30 days.

Journeyman

Run do not walk to get a new phone!!!!! Ifit is within your means, go with the Touch Pro. You will not be sorry.

Wizard

@barbinbaxter wrote:
Just putting in my two bits, I too am waiting for the calendar to hold more than 72 entries. As a busy Hockey Mom I was looking forward to getting rid of the paper. How do I get on a list as to know when this upgrade is available? Or should I just go and get a new phone, I'm still within my 30 days.

I really am regretting this phone. If I could trade it in for another, I'd do it in a heart beat. I'm seriously considering jumping ship from Sprint altogether.

Regardless, before I buy a new phone, I'll be spending a lot more time researching and trying out the handset than I did with the Instinct. And no more early adoption. I want the phone to be street tested before I jump in.

Journeyman

@ccerose wrote:

@barbinbaxter wrote:

I really am regretting this phone. If I could trade it in for another, I'd do it in a heart beat. I'm seriously considering jumping ship from Sprint altogether.

Regardless, before I buy a new phone, I'll be spending a lot more time researching and trying out the handset than I did with the Instinct. And no more early adoption. I want the phone to be street tested before I jump in.

Concur, Sprint should offer and EVEN SWAP for any phone they have in the store to make up for the 5 months of horror that this phone has been. The longer I keep it, the less and less I use it for anything other than phone because I am sick to death of the f'n thing crashing all the f'n time.

I now do my calendar, email, web and just about everything else on my iPod Touch... which really really really has me leaning towards telling Sprint where they can stick this phone and my contact, and pick the iPhone and give the iPod Touch to my g/f.

Journeyman

@akipika wrote:

@ccerose wrote:

@barbinbaxter wrote:

Concur, Sprint should offer and EVEN SWAP for any phone they have in the store to make up for the 5 months of horror that this phone has been. The longer I keep it, the less and less I use it for anything other than phone because I am sick to death of the f'n thing crashing all the f'n time.

I now do my calendar, email, web and just about everything else on my iPod Touch... which really really really has me leaning towards telling Sprint where they can stick this phone and my contact, and pick the iPhone and give the iPod Touch to my g/f.

Why would Sprint offer an even swap on a 5-month old phone for a more expensive, newer phone when they already gave you 30 days for a 100% full refund??

Wizard

@jonnythan wrote:

Why would Sprint offer an even swap on a 5-month old phone for a more expensive, newer phone when they already gave you 30 days for a 100% full refund??

We all know they won't, but that's not the point. Selling this phone that doesn't do what it was advertised to do is criminal in my opinion. My 30 days was up before I realized how problematic it is. If I complain about the problems, all I get is another Instinct. I don't want another Instinct, I want a phone that works as promised.

The phrase, "You get what you pay for" isn't even applicable, because not a single instinct owner is getting what they paid for.

Sorry to have hijacked this topic into another rant session, but I think potential Instinct purchasers need to be aware of the problems. For those of us who bought back in July, the reviews we had to go by are not reliable (as we know realize). If I had had access to the information that has been accumulated in this forum back then, I would have avoided this phone without question.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>jonnythan wrote:</blockquote><blockquote>Why would Sprint offer an even swap on a 5-month old phone for a more expensive, newer phone when they already gave you 30 days for a 100% full refund??<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Plain and simple, the phone was misadvertised from the start. It was a PDA first, then Sprint took it back. iPhone killer? Far from the truth. It's not a business phone. Period. I've had mine since June 19. I'd hoped the first update would fix problems. It didn't do anything for me. The calendar is still atrocious and useless for business purposes. Syncing is iffy. TV is unpredictable. Like several others here, this MR-4 update is crucial. There are three scenarios for me:</p><p></p><p>(1) Sprint fixes the problems, especially the calendar.</p><p>(2) If the problems are not fixed, I'll give Sprint a chance to keep my business and nearly $3,000 for the contract they have for our two phones. I'd take a Touch Pro, provided Sprint gives me a deal similar to a new client.</p><p>(3) I'll cancel my contract and pay the $200 Sprint wants. That will be really clever of them to accept $200 instead of $3,000. Smiley Happy</p><p></p><p></p>

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat