cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i the only one with this instinct problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the original instinct for almost 2 years(thank god almost done) and its the worst piece of crap that I have ever used. I am not hear to rant, but to inform my experience with other users as well as see if anyone else has had the same problems. I have every update for it and it still give me the worst reception, delayed text/text failed, cant send pictures(always fail), internet not working 90 percent of the time, random screen not working and or turning off and haven't seen more than 2 bars since I bought it. Went to sprint store and all they did was tell me to update it.......well after telling them I already had done so, they really didn't even know what to tell me. After the 3rd visit I ask why you would you sell 2 year contracts with phones that done last even the 2 years? And they replied, and I quote " Yeah, I don't know what to tell you" while shrugging his shoulders followed by chuckling . Worst service I have ever received and am seriously considering paying the cancellation fee just to not deal with it anymore. I will not be renewing my business with sprint as well as telling everyone I know that getting sprint is a mistake, and not to do it. This is unfortunate because I used to like sprint which is why I have been with them for over 10 years.

I am not trying to hate of sprint I am simply asking if im just unlucky with this phone in particular or if i could do something to fix it seeing as the sprint store was unable to be of any help. Much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

No...your not alone...and Sprint gave up on the Instinct brand a long time ago.  The newest Instinct HD isn't much better, and the S30...junk...pure junk.

I'm better off without the frustration that comes with being a Instinct owner, and wiser now knowing Sprint, Sprint Employees, or Sprint Techs could care less about your and mine experience with the Instinct Brand...or any phone for that matter...what they want only, and only what they want....period ( Sorry, it's true )

Guy at work just took back his Instinct HD because his phone is doing the same as every other Instinct HD's out there....Employee told him...It's just going to do the same thing.....Awesome, ain't it....knowing nothing will be fixed...Gosh I love these guys...And they gave him a brand new Instinct HD for his oh-so-familiar experience on the way out the door...classy.

Journeyman

Great. I got mine in Feb/Mar and have been trying to find the time to go to the store and actually stay there and wait. My frsutrations have been with Samsung more than Sprint, but just decided to try with Sprint anyway so I sent an email pleading for assistance. This phone is just AWFUL. It freezes up all day long, has to be charged every evening whether I was able to use it for anything or not. I think the battery issue might be because there is no way to keep applications I NEVER USE from starting themselves, nor can I remove them (all automatically there, Sprint TV, NASCAR, etc). So the phone is always slow, I patiently wait to get into the settings and stop things from running, but this is everytime I pick up the phone to use it because they all start running themsleves again immediately. Every day freeze freeze freeze, and on every other day it just goes black whether I'm trying to use it at all. The battery has to be removed at least twice a day to get the thing going again. WORST PHONE EVER. Anyone reading this and wondering DO NOT BUY and get contracted in! I am praying Sprint will help me get away from this one without waiting til next year or buying something else brand new. I thought leaving after 12yrs and going to ATT/iPhone was ridiculous and unecessary and I'm hoping that will end up being the case if Sprint can step it up when I hear back from them.      

Journeyman

OMG!  I am having the exact same issues!!  They have sent me two replacements (the latest was received today) and it only worked for AN HOUR!!  My daughter has it and the front screen does not work, the keyboard does not work, and when she opens it, it randomly dials a friend of hers!  The same friend, over and over and over!  I've been on the phone and emailing with someone from Dan@sprint.com (that's right, there is NO sending emails to anyone other than customer service) and all they keep telling me to do is go to the Sprint store and have the technicians "hard reset" the device!!  Never works and they REFUSE to send me a different device!  They just want to keep sending the same POS device, which does not work!  I have also been with Sprint for over ten years and am a Gold Premier Customer and STILL get treated like CRAP!!!!  I have always been a proponent for Sprint but as soon as all seven (that's right, I'm an idiot, I have seven devices I pay over $400 a month for) of my device contracts are up, I'm done with Sprint!  Worst customer service EVER!!  And I am using this forum to complain because I don't know what else to do!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat