cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any News on the Nav update? The Application version listing from 8.14 still shows a new version.

Journeyman

Any News on the Nav update? The Application version listing from 8.14 still shows a new version.

I haven't received it yet. I don't know how they can say it's the current version when nobody has it yet. WHAT'S THE DEAL?????

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

I spoke with Sprint today again and they told me the 8.14...

I spoke with Sprint today again and they told me the 8.14 was not sent out yet. and could not tell me a timeframe. But it be a OTA Update. Thats all they say!

Patron

well i have the new update dont know whats going on with...

well i have the new update dont know whats going on with your phone

Journeyman

Re: no update yet.

No one has received the nav update yet. Anthony is posting false information.

Journeyman

Re: Any News on the Nav update?

from what i hear, no one has recieved the nav, and the browser updates

Patron

Re: Any News on the Nav update? The Application...

The nav update is not going to be a good thing.

It will prevent the nav session from running in the background... meaning that if you get a phone call while you are driving your nav will stop and

then you will have to pull over and start the whole thing over again.

Patron

Anybody know if we can just choose not to run the NAV upd...

Anybody know if we can just choose not to run the NAV update when(IF) it's ever released? With all the previous updates, we had the option to run or not that particular update("Would You Like To Download This Upadate Now") Is it possible? If it's going to NERF the NAV app that badly, I personally would rather not download it, I think the NAV is without a doubt THE best feature of this phone. Even way out here in Hawai'i I can type in the most obscure, rural address or business, and it always knows its location. Hate to lose the ability to be navigating somewhere, get a call(even if I don't answer it)and lose my NAV session. What if we don't download it, will it eventually automatically download itself so that all Instincts have matching software? Anyone know? Will, a little help here?

Journeyman

Re: Anybody know if we can just choose not to run the NAV upd...

Yes Will. Please post an official response of what this update will/will not do and give a ballpark timeframe of when it will be released into the wild. This will help GREATLY with all of these redundant post about this one issue!!

Thank you!!

Journeyman

Here's the official word from the Sprint Navigation product manager (me).  The Navigation update for Instinct (2.1.0.23) is targeted for two weeks from today (September 9th).  I don't expect to make everyone happy with the delay, but we caught a couple things in testing that needed to be fixed before we could roll it out. Outside of these fixes we've seen significant improvement in the application's performance, fewer timeouts, better/quicker GPS locations.  We are also working to quickly resolve performance issues around the delivery of maps to the device which has been discussed in other threads, so expect improvement there too, although that's not technically tied to the update and may be implemented even sooner.

I can also pass along this information on the rumor that the new update will prevent Navigation from running in the background and that you'll have to restart if you get a phone call.  It's not true. Period.

JC 

Journeyman

Thank you, thank you, thank you InnoV8!!! Exactly what we needed to hear. Much appreciated! I look forward to seeing what you guys have been up to.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to trying the new version.

Patron

@InnoV8 wrote:

I can also pass along this information on the rumor that the new update will prevent Navigation from running in the background and that you'll have to restart if you get a phone call. It's not true. Period.

Hey that's great news...

So a little detective work leads us right back to the source of the "rumor". From the top post on this forum... which is sticky... which was posted by

Sprint Admin... which has been viewed over 5000 times:

Sprint Navigation
Session will no longer run in background, preserving battery life

That was a copy/paste. So yeah... there are so many problems there I don't even need to point out.

Anyway... yeah... that is good news indeed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat