cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance to update the Instinct with Safari?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any chance to update the Instinct with Safari?

The Browser on my Instinct leaves much to be desired. I've heard rumor that Samsung licensed the Safari browser from Apple. If that is true, I'd lOVE to see the Instinct update with an improved version of the iPhone's Safari.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Any chance to update the Instinct with Safari?

No Safari on Instinct but you can sign the petition for Opera Mini browser which is almost as good as Safari. Sign the petition here:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=235427

Journeyman

Dare to dream. Opera Mini is a reality however. Personall...

Dare to dream. Opera Mini is a reality however. Personally, I don't think this device has the power or architecture to support Safari's sexiness. I'm just hoping for stability updates. It's hard to gauge which sites this instinct can and can't visit, since every visit to a page provides a different experience.

Journeyman

Re: Any chance to update the Instinct with Safari?

I doubt that there would be Safari developed for this phone but with the SDK hopefully Firefox mobile that's comin out and Skyfire which is AMAZING will be available for this phone. One of my roommates co-workers got to download the Skyfire Beta1 on his HTC and it is crazy. That would be better.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat