Any kind of a voice record app would be great for making short voice notes
As long as they are short enough to store you can just use the video mode even if you don't really care about the picture.
You can make voice notes to yourself with the current voicmail app.
1. Click on the voicemail app.
2. Click on the "+" in the upper left corner.
3. Choose your Instinct phone number. (will be in the "recent list" next time)
4. It will instantly start recording. Press the stop button when finished.
5. In a few seconds, you will have it in your voice mail.
You can also send a message directly to any Sprint user's voicemail using this method.
Y'know, I've had the phone since June 19, and I've missed the voice memo feature my old A900 had, always wished this phone had one too. That's a great work around, really appreciate you letting us all know about it. Leave to an Instinct user to figure out something that should have been in the manual (I have never been able to find it). Big Mahalos, Brah!