cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with not recieving texts or calls on their Instinct M800?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having problems with not recieving texts or calls on their Instinct M800?

The problem I have is not receiving any text sent to me, or text that I send to my contacts, at least 90% of them are delayed more than 24 hrs., the record for my texts is 6 days. The problem started about two months ago when I returned home to TN after working in OR for over a year. I bought the instinct Oct. 2008, while i was in OR, and I never experianced any kind of problems with the phone while I was there, but as soon as I returned home, just outside of Knoxville, TN, I started experiencing dropped calls, not being able to receive txt messages, no voice mails alerts, navigation doesnt work, most of the apps doesnt work right anymore, etc. Ive contacted tech support numerous times, and all they ever suggest is reseting the phone, which really doesnt fix the problem, otherwise they say its a coverage problem. So I checked the coverage map several times, because im human and i make mistakes like everybody, I am supposed to have what Sprint says is the best coverage in my area, but outside of my house I cannot get a signal. So I went to my nearest sprint store, which they suggest that the internal antenna was loose or disconnected in my phone, which wasnt the case at all, I know because they checked it out there in the store. So they suggested to trade in for a newer Instinct m800. So I did....Three times. none of them has seemed to work. So I then ordered Sprint's Airave, which works perfectly for calls, but nothing else. What can I do? Can anybody help?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Anyone else having problems with not recieving texts or calls on their Instinct M800?

I occassionally have problems with text. I tend to have more problem with Sprint's MMS.

Maybe the radio isn't tuned into your specific area.

Have you tried updating the PRL and then resetting the phone? Many times when I do this, I also remove the battery for about 30 seconds, just to make sure the internal memory is cleared. Then I power up the phone again.

Journeyman

Re: Anyone else having problems with not recieving texts or calls on their Instinct M800?

Yes, I have the latest updates and i regularly check for updates every other day. I also do a Soft reset, remove battery while powered on and wait at a minimum of 2 mins. before replacing and powering on,  every day after I drain the battery completely. This procedure is suggestion by tech support every time I talk to them. It never seems to fix the problem. I have also Reset the phone from the settings menu, alot. That doesnt fix the problem either. Did I mention that Im on my third Instinct so far? That was another suggestion by tech support that didnt work. I dont know. Maybe its time for different phone. A phone that works like it supposed to. I mean I love the idea of the instinct. It has certain apsects that I think are awesome. I Love the Instinct, but if its not going to work like its supposed to, Im going to have to move on to something better that will work.

But Thank you for your suggestion jogomez721, I appreciate it.

Message was edited by: warpedmind0u812

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat